Bofeili e-bike crank replacement

Alix Gravel

Hello,

I recently bought a bofeili electric bicycle second hand. The crank fell off my bike on Friday and I'm not sure what to do.

Can this bike part be replaced? Since bofeili is a chinese company I'm finding difficulty in navigating how to get a new crank. I'm a bit of a bike newb and don't know much about this.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Attachments

• bofeili.jpg
    bofeili.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 1,597
@Alix Gravel , you're fortunate that the Bofeili drive is the same as the eProdigy system, both use a large 8mm bolt to mount the crank arms onto the bottom bracket drive system. I'm guessing that you may have lost that bolt so try contacting eProdigy, a Canadian company with technical support that you can reach at 1-888-928-9328 ext 2. They should be able to help you with any parts you might need. If you do still have the bolt, then line up the crank arm that fell off at 180 degrees opposite the crank arm that's still on the bike and use the 8mm Allen key wrench to remount it. I'd snug the other side, too and check regularly. It's just one of those standard maintenance things a rider needs to do. Additionally, drop by a local bike shop for a little help; there are regular bikes that also use those big crank bolts.

eProdigy9_Boefeili drive.jpeg

Hello,

I recently bought a bofeili electric bicycle second hand. The crank fell off my bike on Friday and I'm not sure what to do.

Can this bike part be replaced? Since bofeili is a chinese company I'm finding difficulty in navigating how to get a new crank. I'm a bit of a bike newb and don't know much about this.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Yes you can replace the crank arm. You can also replace the crank spindle. @Optibike_Austen has parts and may be willing to make the repair for you. He did similar work for me. Great customer service.

If it's a typical Chinese ebike motor it's quite possibly a square taper crank and you could use Bafang replacement parts - both crank arms and/or crank bolts as needed. These are widely available and, in the U.S. can be had from lunacycle.com and california-ebike.com among others.

Back