BMZ charger flashing red?

CJBull

Region
USA
I'm getting a flashing red light at the end of my charge cycle from my Bull's BMZ charger instead of the solid green. The battery takes a charge in the normal amount of time, with the normal flashing green while it charges, but then flashing red at the end. The bike has a total of 84 miles use at this point, and I've only charged it 4-5 times.

Does anyone know what this means? All I could find on BMZ's website is that flashing red means "serious error", but no indication on how to address it.

I'm still waiting on my battery key from the dealer, so I'm unable to remove the battery from the bike. Is it possible I just need to clean the connections?

Has anyone here had a similar experience? What did you do to resolve it?

Update: I got the bike out for a ride today, about 13 miles in 30-40 degree temps (draining 2 bars from the battery), and put the bike on the charger after getting home and letting it warm up a bit. At first, the charger went straight to flashing red, so I disconnected and reconnected the charging plug a couple of times, checking to make sure it was on straight, and the contacts were clean, then upon reconnecting again the charger made a "click" noise, and went back to normal charging with flashing green, and then finished out the charge with the normal solid green when done.

Not sure what the problem was, but it seems to have resolved itself. Possibly some sort of issue with the charger itself having trouble clicking over to maintenance charge after reaching full charge causing the error?

I beleive you need a firmware update on your bike for this. Not on the motor, but odly enough, on the actual charging port!

Back