BMX'd my Lectric XP

I love the Tri-Cities area. Its growing quite a bit and offers a LOT more than Yakima does in every aspect. The river is amazing too. I'm kind of stuck here because of work, but if we ever opened an office there I wouldn't hesitate to move. Besides it being really dry and brown everywhere, it's probably my favorite place in Washington.
Yeah I kind of miss it. Did a lot of sailboarding on the Columbia back in the ‘80’s.

This is great. I would like to do this, but I don't think I have the tooling to get the grips off properly. And I'm not sure I want to change out the stem.

Took the Lectric XP out for a spin today. My son made it into a BMX which wouldn't have been my first choice, but it does seem a little safer and easier to ride. He used a decent front end from Alibaba and I added the Suntour suspension seat post awhile back. He also upgraded the shifter to a SRAM and changed out the Chainring to a bigger size.

Attachments

• XP bmx.jpg
    XP bmx.jpg
    497 KB · Views: 212
Took the Lectric XP out for a spin today. My son made it into a BMX which wouldn't have been my first choice, but it does seem a little safer and easier to ride. He used a decent front end from Alibaba and I added the Suntour suspension seat post awhile back. He also upgraded the shifter to a SRAM and changed out the Chainring to a bigger size.
Looks like your son's setup is similar to mine. Have been running this for almost 2 years now. No issues, and my kid loves it. I have the kids seat that sits in front, and he cruises with me everywhere.

Attachments

• IMG_20200821_164849.jpg
    IMG_20200821_164849.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 212
Looks like your son's setup is similar to mine. Have been running this for almost 2 years now. No issues, and my kid loves it. I have the kids seat that sits in front, and he cruises with me everywhere.

Attachments

• Noni bmx.jpg
    Noni bmx.jpg
    555.6 KB · Views: 187
Yep, that's the same seat! We just went to his friend's 5 year old birthday party on it. He was all smiles, and lots of people are interested in the bike. It's a real conversation starter.

Like many of you I grew up on a BMX. My fondest bike memories come when I was riding my BMX, dozens and hundreds of miles as a child. It turns out with a little imagination our Lectric XP is a good candidate for conversion...

View attachment 59711View attachment 59717View attachment 59718View attachment 59719View attachment 59720View attachment 59721View attachment 59722View attachment 59723View attachment 59724View attachment 59725

My mods were numerous: Bars, head, stem, grips, shifter, bell, pegs and kickstand. Plus several hours installing it all and tidying up the wires.

Hope you like!
I love your setup! I'm interested in how you went about doing the your and kickstand. Maybe I missed it somewhere in this forum but I never was able to find a post where you talked about the brands you used or how you went about installing those items, specifically the pegs. Did you have to drill your own holes in the pegs for the throttle line running into the axle, and if so, how'd you manage to make it look so clean? Also, what size pegs did you end up using, everything I've seen so far seems like its setup for 3/8" axles and I know the Lectric axles are bigger than that. Hope to hear back from you, thanks!

Back