Black Friday sale now at Ride1UP (Roadster v2 for $845 !!!)

PSm

Region
USA
For anyone on the fence, just saw that Ride1UP has a Black Friday sale going on. Was looking to see if any new models came out, but nope. But the Roadster v2 single speed belt drive is only $845! Recommend always favoring getting the smaller size.

Have over 6,000 miles and 400,000 ft elevation gained on mine, over the past year and a half or so. Love it. I dare anyone to try it, and not be addicted to the lighter weight, and smoothness and quiet of the belt drive. And optional add on battery.

thats pretty good on climbing I thought we did a lot on the tandem Burt only have about 250,000 so far this year.

Reactions: PSm
But but but....mechanical brakes on a 25+mph bike? I know, I know....it only weighs 33lbs, but........

But but but....mechanical brakes on a 25+mph bike? I know, I know....it only weighs 33lbs, but........
Don’t knock it, until you’ve tried it. I find the Roadster brakes surprisingly good and effective. I try to avoid riding in the rain though, but have gotten stuck out a downpour once in a while. I did upgrade to Kool Stop brake pads, which have more contact area on the rims. Max speed so far 46mph, many mountain rides, long downhills with hairpin turns, etc.

For trail and off-road riding, I would instead recommend the Gravel version, with disc brakes and wider tires. But for road riding, a Roadster is a steal at under $900, and comparable to bikes several times the price.

Last edited:
And the Gravel is $1045.

Edit: $1045 for the 52cm and $1095 for the 58cm. BTW I have both the V2 and the Gravel (52cm) and the gravel standover is taller and weights a couple #'s more. Like the gravel and REALLY LIKE the V2.

Last edited:
Reactions: PSm
Back