Biktrix Juggernaut review

While waiting for a brake rotor for my juggernaut, I tried the velo plush seat on my hardtail. With padded shorts I was very surprised with the saddle. It doesn't look like much, but I wasn't sore. In fact I never thought about the seat until after the ride. Try it without the padding before I decide to keep it.

Fred it looks like you and I are in the same boat. I will probably replace the bars as well. Something with 40-45 degree sweep. Puts old wrists in a more comfortable neutral position. With some rise as well. http://www.satoribike.com/pro.php?m=d&pid=18&cid=8&f=2
Does anyone know if the diameter for the handlebar is 25.4 or 31.8? I don't see it marked, but suppose I could use a caliper to double-check. This is to ensure any replacement I get is the correct diameter (2015 Juggernaut).

Fred it looks like you and I are in the same boat. I will probably replace the bars as well. Something with 40-45 degree sweep. Puts old wrists in a more comfortable neutral position. With some rise as well. http://www.satoribike.com/pro.php?m=d&pid=18&cid=8&f=2
This is the bar ended up installing on my Juggernaut: 32 degree sweep, 114 mm rise.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ca/en/nc-17-trekking-handlebar/rp-prod105843
Much more comfortable and looks good.

Would you post some pics of the bars on the bike. They sound great
Attaching some pictures as requested. As I say, much more comfortable handlebars for me. You can see I still have the stem in the full upright position and may tinker with that and lower it a bit. As mentioned this has a 32 degree sweep. It's good for me, but even more sweep (40-45 degrees) might be even more comfortable for some.

I also show the Thudbuster and Rear rack I installed.

Attachments

• My Juggernaut.gif
    My Juggernaut.gif
    411 KB · Views: 839
  • P1170665.JPG
    P1170665.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 609
  • P1170666.JPG
    P1170666.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 607
  • P1170670.JPG
    P1170670.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 625
Read it all. I'd say 30 km @ 30 KPH, wide open, with hills, and on fat tires is pretty good.

Quite the personal touch having it dropped off by the owner.

Read it all. I'd say 30 km @ 30 KPH, wide open, with hills, and on fat tires is pretty good.

Quite the personal touch having it dropped off by the owner.
Just road mine yesterday to see how far the battery might go. (11.6 ah). Mostly flat, mostly hard surface. 18 psi. Road 40 miles and the battery was down to a disappearing last bar on the c965. 5-6 miles at 35kph . level 4 gear 6. The rest of the time level 3 gear 4 or 5 (easy cruising) 20-25 kph. Think I could go over 50 miles on the easy cruising speed. No throttle only. Very little elevation except slight grade on a rail trail. Wheel size set at 29 since fat bike tire diameter is about that. This will be the ultimate FL vacation bike.

Yeah, I thought it was interesting, what appears to be the same fork is either $60 plus $60 shipping with one outfit or $120 plus free shipping with another. As they appeared to be the same unit for the same end price I went with the 60 plus 60 option as they shipped DHL (actually Fedex), so I had tracking and the fork arrived in a week. The zero option is the postal network, which apparently is much slower. Although I did end up paying another $14.00 for border fees. You may want to check how the ebay option ships.
Does this fork from Luna look like the same one that you installed on your Jug?
http://lunacycle.com/sondors-upgrad...t-bike-fork-for-sondors-and-other-fat-ebikes/
How is that one working out?

Attaching some pictures as requested. As I say, much more comfortable handlebars for me. You can see I still have the stem in the full upright position and may tinker with that and lower it a bit. As mentioned this has a 32 degree sweep. It's good for me, but even more sweep (40-45 degrees) might be even more comfortable for some.

Thanks for your info on the bars.... I'm a new owner of a Jug 6 weeks already rode it 300 miles.
I'm 60 years old and want the bars so I'm upright. I just ordered the one you recommend. Love

As I mentioned, those bars are are good for me. If I had to do it again, I might even get something with more sweep (like 45 degrees), more like a beach cruiser.

I also ride mainly on hard surfaces or loose gravel....not much on trails and no snow. I swapped the tires out for these:
http://www.niagaracycle.com/categor...at-bike-tire-26x3-5-120tpi-folding-bead-black

They roll much better and quieter. Shop around though...I paid just over half the price shown there. (I also managed to sell my Kenda Juggernaut tires on Kijiji).

Back