Biktrix Juggernaut review

I just received my bike this week and have only had a chance to ride it briefly. Need to get used to it and do some fine tuning adjustments, but I think it's going to be great!

Took a short trip around the city (Toronto) today and got lots of stares, comments, questions. There's not a lot of fat bikes around here and even less electric ones. I think one of my biggest challenges will be making sure no one decides they would like to have it for themselves. We have had a lot of bike thefts around here, and the Juggernaut really stands out and could definitely attract the bad guys. For now, I may end up using it just for round trips where I don't leave it anywhere and using one of my other e-bikes for my shopping commuting trips, etc. We'll see.

P.S. I subscribe to other forums, but it's great to find this community where actual Juggernaut owners can share information.

Reactions: G..
What are some of the fine tuning adjustments you think it needs?. Haven't received mine yet. All this talk of Juggernauts is killing me!

What are some of the fine tuning adjustments you think it needs?. Haven't received mine yet. All this talk of Juggernauts is killing me!

Not a whole lot as it is pretty much ready to go.
  • I am getting old and like to ride in an upright position (cruiser style). The adjustable stem on the Juggernaut allows the handlebars to be raised so it is pretty much what I want.
  • Played around with tire pressure a bit. Started off at 25, then to 20 and now at 15. Some recommend 10-12. I am mainly riding on streets so not sure what is best.
  • Mine came with the BBS02 display allowing 3 PAS levels. After reading the Bafang doc and thru the menus on the display, I changed to 5 PAS levels (you can have as many as 9, but that seems like overkill and perhaps even 3 is enough).
  • Other than that, I am considering a Thudbuster and a wider seat (either that or lose weight!)
  • Also will be adding a rear rack.
I think you will love it. Biktrix have done a great job!

Question - there is an "extra" wire that comes out of the display with a small yellow 3-prong female connector. Anyone know what that's for? I'm guessing it has something to do with a BBS02 function of turning lights on and off via the display, but that's only a guess. Also where to source a matching male connector if one wanted to use that?

There are two black wires coming out of the C965 display no extra wires on my 2014 750 Watt Juggernaut. The extra female connecter on the 2015 Juggernaut probably connects to the male connecter on the new 500 watt motors referenced in the article.

Jones loop bars are 45 degrees as well. They allow for multiple different hand positions. No rise though. Stem riser will address that though

Well, I forgot to charge mine when I got home so I found out the range for me is about 30 km. Did the 10 km back from work tonight on manual and it was a long slog. Figured out why I'm the only one commuting to work on a fat bike.

Might bump up the tire pressure from 10 to 20 psi in case I forget again, now that I have the suspension forks and seat.

Well, I forgot to charge mine when I got home so I found out the range for me is about 30 km. Did the 10 km back from work tonight on manual and it was a long slog. Figured out why I'm the only one commuting to work on a fat bike.

Might bump up the tire pressure from 10 to 20 psi in case I forget again, now that I have the suspension forks and seat.
For that 30Km range:
  1. Did you pedal at all?
  2. Do you have the higher capacity battery?

Oh yeah, but 30 plus km/hr as much as I can, and top level of assist. Feel like god normally. Big river valley to go through, works great.

Got the smaller battery.

My stint as a volunteer for the PanAm games here in Toronto (which turned out to be a full-time job) is finally over and I have some time to get acquainted with my Juggernaut. Overall I think I will like it very much although to be honest, it's taking me a while to get used to a fat bike.

A few Q's:
  1. Has anyone swapped the handlebars for something more swept back like a comfort bike for a more upright riding position. If so, which one and how did that work out?
  2. I have adjusted the pivoting stem to the max height.
    AF1QipMtNGqbhicQkHa0wGvotMZ-j9FeZQSNk5R2Ow_j
    . I would still like a little higher and was wondering if the stem itself can be adjusted and if so, how it's done?
  3. I can't get the charger connected to the battery while the battery is mounted to the bike. There just isn't room for the coax connector. Same for everyone?
Welcome any other thoughts/experiences.

Happy riding!

Attachments

• 32b6a9980b13fd73f5a19950d3a6e297_original.jpg
    32b6a9980b13fd73f5a19950d3a6e297_original.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 333
My stint as a volunteer for the PanAm games here in Toronto (which turned out to be a full-time job) is finally over and I have some time to get acquainted with my Juggernaut. Overall I think I will like it very much although to be honest, it's taking me a while to get used to a fat bike.

A few Q's:
  1. Has anyone swapped the handlebars for something more swept back like a comfort bike for a more upright riding position. If so, which one and how did that work out?
  2. I have adjusted the pivoting stem to the max height.
    AF1QipMtNGqbhicQkHa0wGvotMZ-j9FeZQSNk5R2Ow_j
    . I would still like a little higher and was wondering if the stem itself can be adjusted and if so, how it's done?
  3. I can't get the charger connected to the battery while the battery is mounted to the bike. There just isn't room for the coax connector. Same for everyone?
Welcome any other thoughts/experiences.

Happy riding!
Just got the final pieces from BIKtrix and my Juggernaut is together. Cockpit too big for me and I also will make it more cruiser style. I have a cheap fat bike that I have a stem riser and a high angle adjustable stem. Also have Jones loop bars on it. I can see this bike will probably have some similar changes. Sartori has a couple of riser handlebars with a lot of sweep. Might not need the stem riser with the riser bars. But definitely have to get the bars back towards me. It's hell being short on a one size fits all bike

Anyone have an issue with the rear fender being very close to the tire at the top? A couple of small washers at the bottom. Lengthen the slot closer to the fender on the other tab. Then you can get the rear of the fender away from the tire. The 2014 bike

Back