Biktrix Juggernaut 2017 or 2018, used; thoughts?

Bonjour,
A used Biktrix Juggernaut Classic (listed as a 2017 but visually seems to be the 2018 model) is currently available in my area for $2000 Cdn/$1500 Usd. Reputable seller.Only 306 miles on odometer,lightly used in a very hilly part of town.Battery is quoted as having two years to go.Rear fender rattles,has been addressed but still rattles.Otherwise,front shocks may need a tune up.Nothing else seems off.
As my first ebike test drive,the uphill torque on this locomotive left me speechless,to say the least.And I am a bear.
Questions: given the lack of warranty,how durable are this particular make and model? Strictly for road and light trail use.Would rather have longterm usage for such an investment.

(Biktrix didn't respond to my simple inquiries sent several days ago-shape of things to come, service-wise,assuming the message got to them?)

Should I take a chance on this used torque monster, or hold out to try a new Voltbike Yukon ( despite their current cop-oriented ad campaign)? Can the Yukon equal the Juggernaut for uphill torque? Is mid-drive vastly superior in this case? Would be for use in hilly Vancouver environs.
Service is an issue as well.My repair skills are strictly amateur,and almost nil in the electronics realm.
Many thanks for yr experienced insight.

Sorry,that should read 48 V / 11.4 ah.Message was sent before I could correct it.Now that's torque.
Specs are decent as per my extensive research.I'm especially seeking testimonials from long- term owners who can warn or reassure accordingly.

Thanks for shedding some light,Timpo.
I'm told that the latest model also has upgraded steel gears in the motor,as opposed to nylon,for what it 's worth.Still,with tax,that's a $1200 price difference from the used.
Also,the used model is readily available,in this crucial riding season,whereas biktrix can't guarantee delivery til at least a month.
Ultimately,it is a tough choice.

Thanks Timpo,the adaptability takes the edge off fears of planned obsolescence.As for bartering- good plan as well; not a fixed price,it appears.
Food for thought.

(Biktrix didn't respond to my simple inquiries sent several days ago-shape of things to come, service-wise,assuming the message got to them?)
I can't begin to describe the frustration when customers that bought their bikes used to expect the bike/motor reseller to offer support for a used product long out of warranty. I get 4-5 calls every day for help with Bafang hub motors we don't sell. Some even get pissed when I say I haven't the time to support everyone else's sales. I refer them here where we help and the information is searchable. And answers are many times available. I also suggest many times a day that a simple google search can expedite an answer. Or at least give some clues and a user can learn some nomenclature. It can really help to use a bike nomenclature chart to more easily get good advice. Another simple Google. BIKE PARTS AKA NOMENCLATURE

bicycle_parts_labeled nomenclature.jpg

Thanks Timpo,the adaptability takes the edge off fears of planned obsolescence.As for bartering- good plan as well; not a fixed price,it appears.
Food for thought.
Ludicrous can be just that! We've had some totally pooched in for repairs. Remember NO ONE selling boosted BBSxx series offers ANY warranty.

Thanks for the advice Thomas,you seem sincere.My dismissal of Biktrix CS was a bit glib,admittedly.Sorry about that.You can assume I've done some homework yet still seek a wide range of opinions.
(Of course,the used Juggernaut sold,long since.Off into the sunset it goes.Way too fast for anyone to catch up.)
What's your opinion on a used 2017 Voltbike Yukon currently available in my vicinity? It's described as " like new",barely 400 kms on the odometer,beloved by its original owner who is now sadly deceased.Apparently it was kept charged throughout.At$1500 Cdn ,potentially negotiable,it's got my attention.I have studied the Yukon online so the battery 's longevity is the gist of my inquiry here.Not too concerned about follow-up service ,as Voltbike's head honcho George comes personally recommended as a patient guy.
All the best and much love from Trout Lake.

Thanks for the advice Thomas,you seem sincere.My dismissal of Biktrix CS was a bit glib,admittedly.Sorry about that.You can assume I've done some homework yet still seek a wide range of opinions.
(Of course,the used Juggernaut sold,long since.Off into the sunset it goes.Way too fast for anyone to catch up.)
What's your opinion on a used 2017 Voltbike Yukon currently available in my vicinity? It's described as " like new",barely 400 kms on the odometer,beloved by its original owner who is now sadly deceased.Apparently it was kept charged throughout.At$1500 Cdn ,potentially negotiable,it's got my attention.I have studied the Yukon online so the battery 's longevity is the gist of my inquiry here.Not too concerned about follow-up service ,as Voltbike's head honcho George comes personally recommended as a patient guy.
All the best and much love from Trout Lake.
Frankly I don't like the direct to customer sales model. But several of my kit customers have had good experiences with Roshan at Biktrix. We were actually competitors in the kit market but I've been thrilled with his willingness to help. I'd roll with him or a brick and mortar shop.

Bonjour,
A used Biktrix Juggernaut Classic (listed as a 2017 but visually seems to be the 2018 model) is currently available in my area for $2000 Cdn/$1500 Usd. Reputable seller.Only 306 miles on odometer,lightly used in a very hilly part of town.Battery is quoted as having two years to go.Rear fender rattles,has been addressed but still rattles.Otherwise,front shocks may need a tune up.Nothing else seems off.
As my first ebike test drive,the uphill torque on this locomotive left me speechless,to say the least.And I am a bear.
Questions: given the lack of warranty,how durable are this particular make and model? Strictly for road and light trail use.Would rather have longterm usage for such an investment.

Should I take a chance on this used torque monster, or hold out to try a new Voltbike Yukon ( despite their current cop-oriented ad campaign)? Can the Yukon equal the Juggernaut for uphill torque? Is mid-drive vastly superior in this case? Would be for use in hilly Vancouver environs.
Service is an issue as well.My repair skills are strictly amateur,and almost nil in the electronics realm.
Many thanks for yr experienced insight.
If having it now is the most important criteria, then I would go with whatever is most readily available with similar power. I personally would lean towards a bike that's been better taken care of with least amount of miles on the odometer which the Volt bike seems to be based on your description. But since they are both local, best way to decide is to test ride both. Words will only give you so much in terms of understanding the condition of the bike.

If timing is not a critical factor, Sonders just announced a sleek looking set of ebikes all with Bafang Ultra motor that are priced at less than $2000 and the availability is targeted around October, so I would expect more like December or early 2021. One caveat is that they only offer renderings with no specific components called out, so we won't really know whether the bike is well made or have quality components until it's released. At this point, many of us on this forum are skeptical, as what they are proclaiming seems too good to be true.

Rockstar is a full suspension bike priced higher at $2500

😲 I was skeptical about the price when I first saw these bikes on the other thread..

but that really is going to be a Frey killer in my opinion
Only if they can actually pull it off with comparable components.

If having it now is the most important criteria, then I would go with whatever is most readily available with similar power. I personally would lean towards a bike that's been better taken care of with least amount of miles on the odometer which the Volt bike seems to be based on your description. But since they are both local, best way to decide is to test ride both. Words will only give you so much in terms of understanding the condition of the bike.

If timing is not a critical factor, Sonders just announced a sleek looking set of ebikes all with Bafang Ultra motor that are priced at less than $2000 and the availability is targeted around October, so I would expect more like December or early 2021. One caveat is that they only offer renderings with no specific components called out, so we won't really know whether the bike is well made or have quality components until it's released. At this point, many of us on this forum are skeptical, as what they are proclaiming seems too good to be true.

Rockstar is a full suspension bike priced higher at $2500
Thoroughly agree,byunbee with the evil eye avatar.Thanks for the feedback.Sondors has caught my eye as well,but ordering from the US may be currently problematic due to Cdn. exchange rate and whatnot.
All in time...

Indeed,Timpo.Grin is famous and respected around these parts.Hilleater seems exceptional too,but I'm hedging on anything over $2500; just too damn parsimonious at times.Not hung up on mid- drive,just heavily impressed by the Juggernaut's uphill torque.The Voltbike Yukon keeps bugging me to test drive.Must.Get.On.It.

I didn't realize that you were in Canada.

Are you completely sold on mid drive bike?

HillEater in British Columbia, Canada has Galiano GMAC.

Its powertrain is completely equipped with Grin Technologies. (Also a Canadian company, a very well regarded ebike tuner)

It comes with 72V or 52V battery, GMAC motor, Phaserunner controller, Sempu torque sensor, Cycle Analyst display and optional Satiator charger.
The price is not cheap tough.

But looks like 72V model and 36V model are available for test ride. If you're near their location?
" We now have a rep in the Lower Mainland. JT has a 72V Galiano Phaserunner SE, and a 36V Galiano ST available for demos. Contact him directly at 604-6034206 or [email protected] to set up a viewing. "

Hello there Guys;
I am from Canada also looking at Sondors LX model announced; How attractive is this deal for Canadians? They charge $200 shiping rate for shipping; how about tarrifs and other charges? what is the final expected charge if its $2,000 US for the LX Sondors model after Tarrifs and Shipping? Is this deal worthy compared to Voltbike, Randrover?

When the Sondors bikes first happened I worked for a reseller that sold upgrades. They sold tens of thousands of upgrade parts needed to make the Sondors (tanks) bikes have almost decent performance. Of course there are fanboys but typically those that IMO haven’t ridden anything else. Bafang also makes me suspicious regarding whether or not the Sondors Ultra will be the same motor other OEMs are selling. Then there’s the parts stream. And besst programming. It seems repair parts are much like the early days of the BBSxx series. But that just my opinion. As always YMMV.

Back