Bike work stand

Marceltt

hi guys , I’m looking to buy a bike stand to work on my bike. I have the Pedego Ridge Rider and would appreciate some feedback on stands for this bike. Thanks in advance

Although I have a Feedback Sports Ultimate stand and have for years I find myself doing most of my bike maintainence with the bike on the arms of my hitch rack.

Hi Guys,

Personally working in a ebike shop I'm not a fan of the PCS 10 due to the round tubing used. Typically I have found that this stand caused the bike to move around. Keep in mind I am always moving the bikes up and down and flipping them when working on them so I am constanntly adjusting it.

Traditional lighter bikes are OK but I find that the heavier ebikes really need to have a portable stand that uses tapered tubes like the PRS-25 and I am sure there are other brands out there that have a similar design out there. These tubes will help keep the bikes a little more stable when on the stand. Especially useful when torquing something down. It makes life a lot easier and your bike will stay put. When we do events I always take the PRS-25 with me.

Always look for a stand with legs that extend out as far as possible (yeah this can get in the way on occasions), but it will keep the bike from tipping over if the stand is extended or is flipped upside down. Example when you take the rear wheel off the Pedego Ridge Rider.

Hope this helps,

Will
shop.scooteretti.com

Although I have a Feedback Sports Ultimate stand and have for years I find myself doing most of my bike maintainence with the bike on the arms of my hitch rack.
Same here. Place it on the furthermost cradle from the car and there's plenty of room for the pedals to clear when I clean and lube the chain.

PCS 10 here. The PRS-25 pictures show round tubes? Did it change? It is rated, like the deluxe home at 100lbs. I like that! Since my 2wd will likely be clos3 to 75lbs.

I spoke with Mike at Park Tools last week, and he said for E-Bikes he recommends the USA-made PCS-4 ( $ 270 at Amazon) as its more rigid than the 10, and though its not as portable, has the same wide clamp as their top-of-the-line $ 2,000 motorized unit. I tried one and it arrived today, first stand that will support my Stromer ST2-S. Yes, you have to lift it up to the clamp, but its not terrible for me to do so. Works well ! Sturdy !!

IMG_7137.JPG
IMG_7136.JPG

I also have a Ridgerider and use a bike stand that is similar to the Park tool models (PCS-9 & 10) shown in an above post.

This stand works fine for my light 19 pound road bike, but not my 55 pound Ridgerider. With the Ridgerider on the stand it is VERY easy to tip the bike and stand over. I solved this problem by attaching the stand's legs to a sheet of 4x4 plywood. I can no longer fold the stand up for storage, but luckily I have enough room in my shop to keep the stand assembled.

I really like the PCS-4 stand shown in the above post, but holy moley that's expensive. I bet up here in Canada that stand would be at least $350 CAN.:eek:

I also have a Ridgerider and use a bike stand that is similar to the Park tool models (PCS-9 & 10) shown in an above post.

This stand works fine for my light 19 pound road bike, but not my 55 pound Ridgerider. With the Ridgerider on the stand it is VERY easy to tip the bike and stand over. I solved this problem by attaching the stand's legs to a sheet of 4x4 plywood. I can no longer fold the stand up for storage, but luckily I have enough room in my shop to keep the stand assembled.

I really like the PCS-4 stand shown in the above post, but holy moley that's expensive. I bet up here in Canada that stand would be at least $350 CAN.:eek:
Hi there would you have a pic of your stand. Thanks

cleardot.gif

I take the battery off to make the bike a bit lighter, turn the clamp jaws to a horizontal position and clamp it to the frame's top bar.

Yes it does, but if you look at the clamp in the photo you'll see it has thick rubber pads on the inside of the clamp, so the cable is not crushed when the clamp is tightened.

I can't clamp to the seat post because it's too hard to lift the bike into place by myself and even if I could my seat post doesn't have enough room, because I have a seat post spring.

My PCS-10 would be perfect with a PCS-4 clamp. But it is stable with a 70lb bike.

Yes it does, but if you look at the clamp in the photo you'll see it has thick rubber pads on the inside of the clamp, so the cable is not crushed when the clamp is tightened.

I can't clamp to the seat post because it's too hard to lift the bike into place by myself and even if I could my seat post doesn't have enough room, because I have a seat post spring.
I have a body float for my seat and it’s at the lowest point so I can’t put a clamp there either

I have a body float for my seat and it’s at the lowest point so I can’t put a clamp there either
The PCS 10 clamp has a channel for wires and cables so the user can clamp to the top tube.

Screenshot_20180107-093242.jpg

One more thing I did to get the bike up - installed a pulley system. Works really well, just hoist it up to the height you want, then clamp it. Reverse to remove. These are too heavy to lift one-handed and clamp comfortably, so this does the trick.

Z2vH2F4KSBqhL3IPpi2WQg.jpg

Back