2023 Levo Warranty.

Phil_ Barone

Region
USA
Hello and thank you for having me. I’m having an issue with my local dealer (Yorktown Cycles) who is trying to charge me over $200 for installing a defective battery. The bike has less that 20 miles on it and Specialized approved it but the owner said something like they went above and beyond and at first they tried to get me to buy a new battery too.

I understand that Specialized is usually very good but I think in this case they need to stand up for their customer. I might have to take them to court or file a complaint with the New York State Attorney General’s office. They’ve worked wonders for me in the past and they’re fast.

Btw, Yorktown Cycles didn’t tell me that there would be a charge even after Specialized approved the battery.

Hope y’all are riding this Sunday.

Peed off in upstate NY.

Last edited:
AFAIK this is one of the crappy parts of warranty work in the cycling industry. They provide the part under warranty, but then you’re on your own. Ideally, Yorktown would install it for free because you gave them the business on the sale.

Is this a brand new bike? To buy an expensive bike then be inconvenienced right away and given a $200 repair bill is nuts.

Last edited:
Back