Bike Stopped Running - Controller?

Ron from BC

Pedego Interceptor purchased two months ago, still under warranty however the dealer is closed for two days so I thought I'd post the problem here for any insight.

Bike has been working flawlessly for 500 miles. My wife went out this morning and for no reason she lost any and all power.

-The battery shows a full charge at the battery gauge.
-The controller display turns on fine and also shows the battery fully charged
-When any peddle assist level is pressed there is no response either when peddling or when the throttle is applied
-The controller has been turned on and off several times without any change
-The main coax style connector on the left side just ahead of the rear hub is fully seated.

Any ideas? Is this a symptom of a defective controller?

Thanks in advance

SOLVED

After doing more research I came across information about the micro switches that are found in each brake lever and their function. Closer inspection of the right (rear) brake lever revealed that when the brake lever was released it was no longer seating back into the sheath totally which resulted in the micro switch not being disengaged and power not being restored to the drive/throttle.

I made a minor adjustment to the lever so it now seats properly after application.

Phew.....stand down from Red Alert.

Rather than delete the post I'll leave it in the event anyone else runs into this problem.

Nice job Ron, like the simple solutions. Was there not a little indicator on display like a circle to show the brake was still applied? I had that happen to me but on the display the little circle going on and off gave me a quick clue to make a little adjustment.

Nice job Ron, like the simple solutions. Was there not a little indicator on display like a circle to show the brake was still applied? I had that happen to me but on the display the little circle going on and off gave me a quick clue to make a little adjustment.

Hrmmm, glad u reminded me. As it's my wife's bike I'm not intimately familiar with it but there was a single LCD dot on the left side of the display almost like a power bar increment. I'll check to see if its gone away now to confirm that it may in fact be an error code.

K, just checked and the LCD dot is still there so apparently there is no visible error code on the Interceptor display to indicate that brake lever issue for no power.

K, just checked and the LCD dot is still there so apparently there is no visible error code on the Interceptor display to indicate that brake lever issue for no power.

There is no brake indicator on the Pedego meter display. That single LCD dot indicates power is available to the motor.

Back