Bike holder for wallke x3pro

Madpaddy73

Hi all new owners of the x3 pro I’ve been pondering the idea of getting a bike rack for my car I have a 2018 audi s5 sportback which is a hatchback, while the bike does fold and dose actually fit in my car it’s a very tight squeeze and I’m getting mud and crap all over the inside , so I’ve be wondering about a rack , but as you all know its not your regular shaped bike !!! So what would work ? Anyone with the same thoughts 💭
Thanks

Hi all new owners of the x3 pro I’ve been pondering the idea of getting a bike rack for my car I have a 2018 audi s5 sportback which is a hatchback, while the bike does fold and dose actually fit in my car it’s a very tight squeeze and I’m getting mud and crap all over the inside , so I’ve be wondering about a rack , but as you all know its not your regular shaped bike !!! So what would work ? Anyone with the same thoughts 💭
Thanks
@Madpaddy73 I researched many racks and have had this one for 3 months now and works great! Make sure to get the fat tire holders. Good luck and I bought it for the same reason as you said.

Attachments

• Rack.jpg
    Rack.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 455
  • Rack2.jpg
    Rack2.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 400
:oops: That stinger ( male part of rack that inserts into the receiver ) is in no way adequate for the weight the rack is supporting. Those little welds will break.

Maybe I'm missing something. Can't see much with the angle of the close up pic.

Thanks

Have you considered a plastic bin to keep your interior clean?

That's what I did for my van and it actually makes loading up much easier.

Attachments

• 20200924_084116.jpg
    20200924_084116.jpg
    871.8 KB · Views: 360
  • 20200924_090755.jpg
    20200924_090755.jpg
    601.4 KB · Views: 374
  • 20200924_091519.jpg
    20200924_091519.jpg
    443.3 KB · Views: 376
@Madpaddy73 I researched many racks and have had this one for 3 months now and works great! Make sure to get the fat tire holders. Good luck and I bought it for the same reason as you said.
Looks great although I don’t have a trailer
Have you considered a plastic bin to keep your interior clean?

That's what I did for my van and it actually makes loading up much easier.
it would be a massive bin !!!!! Unfortunately the wallke x3 pro is pretty big ..

I’m using a the Thule Easy Fold, REÍ just started to stock. I really like the super duty 1up it’s light and has better load capacities but 30-45 days out. I bought some heavy duty velcro straps from Amazon for the Thule as their fat tire straps are out of stock. I have a Wallke X3pro and Radmini4 Batteries have to be out for sure

I’m using a the Thule Easy Fold, REÍ just started to stock. I really like the super duty 1up it’s light and has better load capacities but 30-45 days out. I bought some heavy duty velcro straps from Amazon for the Thule as their fat tire straps are out of stock. I have a Wallke X3pro and Radmini4 Batteries have to be out for sure
10/25/20 - update- after lifting the beast on and off the rack several hundred miles - some thoughts on the wallke, Tesla Model Y and Thule not so easy fold:
Thule- Easy Fold - ain’t so easy and it’s not fat tire ebike ready.: it takes time to figure out the best orientation for the wallke ebike with its thick frame; one clamp on the rear wheel-mid bike shock absorber and one on fork. Lots of plastic parts in critical places (on the ramp slot, on the tilt clamp, wheel straps); wheel straps too small, which I knew in advance and the fat tire extensions are another $20 for just two so another $40 for 2 fat tire bikes but hey are out of stock! I was able to find some 2”x18” Velcro straps on Amazon that work really well. The ramp is a joke for 2” wheels - it’s not fat tire ebike ready. There is some wobble but mechanism to stabilize the 2” receiver fells very solid - even with x3 pro and a rad mini 4, though there is some play wobble one would expect. The locking mechanism on the clamp seemed to seize up a little and I had to twist and turn the clamping knob. The tilt is sufficient to space the model Y hatch back to open and access the trunk. The height of the bike and the height the rack platform creates quite a bit of drag and threw off the range significantly for the model Y. The rack platform folds up on each side like a suitcase and has small wheels to roll around your garage.
I’m considering a tilting and fold-up cargo carrier that are less expensive and have

Attachments

• F41DF7E5-F227-4926-8C63-DB7C3F20D79A.jpeg
    F41DF7E5-F227-4926-8C63-DB7C3F20D79A.jpeg
    876.1 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:
Not yet I’ve been sticking it in the trunk of my car , it’s a struggle but it’s working!
I scraped the front shocks when I folded mine to see if I can stick the bike in the trunk. The left rear bolt was supposed to have a rubber plug to prevent this from happening. Must’ve fallen off on one of my off-road jaunts. The handlebars were sticking out the trunk, so it was a no go.

I scraped the front shocks when I folded mine to see if I can stick the bike in the trunk. The left rear bolt was supposed to have a rubber plug to prevent this from happening. Must’ve fallen off on one of my off-road jaunts. The handlebars were sticking out the trunk, so it was a no go.
yeah there is a rubber protector and I also added https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F3I9T8W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
there are enough pieces to add to the side of the forks to protect from the axel bolts .but still im noticing deep scratches on various parts of the bike from rocks etc. 🙄

If anybody is interested, I picked up this KAC E-Bike rated bike rack ($379) for use on my wife's 2011 Tacoma when the bed is full, and on my 2006 HUMMER H3. Worked very well holding the Wallke X3 Pro along with my wife's Lectric XP Walk Through. https://www.amazon.com/Overdrive-Hi...M15YVT0T1SF&psc=1&refRID=QXTG5493CM15YVT0T1SF After looking it back up, I see the price has gone up slightly in the last few weeks.

Attachments

• 20201022_171910.jpg
    20201022_171910.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 401
  • 20201022_171845.jpg
    20201022_171845.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 370
  • 20201022_171825.jpg
    20201022_171825.jpg
    828.1 KB · Views: 362
Back