Bike commuter in Scottsdale

scottsdalecommuter

Region
USA
Good evening, just joined after buying an aventon pace 500 a few weeks ago. Before pandemic I bike commuted on a regular single speed bike about 10 miles each way on green belt. Decided to get ebike and very fun to get a little boost and not worry about the wind as much. Go from old town up to air park each day and ebike has made the ride really fun! Very pleased with purchase for $1600 assembled from archers bikes in Mesa. Got the large and I’m 6 ft 2 inches and fits nicely. Will definitely get my wife an ebike soon too so we can take them out for date night. We live on 2nd floor and it’s pretty heavy to get up there but not as big of a deal as I thought it could be. I usually don’t go over pas 3 which cruises about 21 mph and is very comfortable and still feels pretty safe. Looking to do about 3000 miles per year! Safe riding!

Nice bike. I'm also a new ebike owner and commuter. Prior to the ebike, I bike commuted on a traditional bike for about 10 years. I fell out of bike riding when my son was born and now look forward to carting him around on the new ebike.

Congrats! One of the greatest rides of my life was when my young son joined me on his first bike without training wheels! Now he’s riding one mile to school everyday and loves it!

Good evening, just joined after buying an aventon pace 500 a few weeks ago. Before pandemic I bike commuted on a regular single speed bike about 10 miles each way on green belt. Decided to get ebike and very fun to get a little boost and not worry about the wind as much. Go from old town up to air park each day and ebike has made the ride really fun! Very pleased with purchase for $1600 assembled from archers bikes in Mesa. Got the large and I’m 6 ft 2 inches and fits nicely. Will definitely get my wife an ebike soon too so we can take them out for date night. We live on 2nd floor and it’s pretty heavy to get up there but not as big of a deal as I thought it could be. I usually don’t go over pas 3 which cruises about 21 mph and is very comfortable and still feels pretty safe. Looking to do about 3000 miles per year! Safe riding!
Got monsoon soaked in Scottsdale today and rode in and home and bike held up really nice, impressed with how well it handled on the wet path. I wasn’t dressed for the weather since it never rains here but had lots of fun!

Some pics of the Scottsdale green belt as a running river!
32608940-2D95-4EC9-B0B5-22332560B485.jpeg

Welcome scottsdale commuter to this wonderful and helpful site. I also have the Pace 500 for 3 years and couldn’t be happier with my purchase. For the price, you have lots of quality parts. I added a suspension seat which smoothed out the rides, a pannier to carry a second battery, and front and rear lights which is a safety factor. Good luck and ride safe and responsibly.

Welcome scottsdale commuter to this wonderful and helpful site. I also have the Pace 500 for 3 years and couldn’t be happier with my purchase. For the price, you have lots of quality parts. I added a suspension seat which smoothed out the rides, a pannier to carry a second battery, and front and rear lights which is a safety factor. Good luck and ride safe and responsibly.
Thank you Bigal, the seat is on my short list to replace for sure. Done about 200 miles so far and zero regrets with the purchase. Luckily my commute is only 9 miles so no need for second battery and office has lockers and shower so can leave a lot there so ride pretty light. It’s sunny about all year here so no visibility issues! Cheers!

Welcome from an eRider in the East Valley. Looks like we might have a wet weekend.

Welcome from an eRider in the East Valley. Looks like we might have a wet weekend.
Thank you! What kind of ebike do you have? I’m having so much fun on an ebike I’m already looking at other bikes. We have a pool party Saturday so we are watching weather closely. I’m planning to ride to work tomorrow and then will give the legs a rest over the weekend if it’s raining! Since you know the area I do old town to air park and very pleasant ride in about 35 minutes of so at a really comfortable 21 mph. Much faster than that and I don’t feel real safe yet. Slightly uphill there and downhill slightly home. Cheers!

I retired about 2 yrs ago. Then Covid hit and I became a couch potato. Need to get some exercise. After two knee replacements I want some “help” so got myself an ebike. Love it. so much that I purchased a 2nd one. I have a Soul Sonic Saber Pro. Big cruiser bike. Big enough to haul me around. I want exercise so I mostly pedal in PAS1. I have played around a bit and got up to 32mph. I keep it around 15mph just cruising around but occasionally speed it up for a little more excitement. Been hot lately so haven’t rode for awhile. Bought a nice hitch rack so might take it up north to the cooler country and do some riding.

0F3CD6C9-8C7B-4BE0-A781-3E04F98F85FB.jpeg

AE219DD6-ABA3-4634-8755-4973F3D6CACF.jpeg

Awesome bike! I feel the pedal assist really helps take some of the torque off the knees which is sure nice and a huge benefit of the e-bike. It feels like in about a month we will start to hit some temps where we can ride a ton and then we hit 6-8 months of absolutely perfect riding weather!!! My morning ride this morning was pretty muggy but luckily there were some clouds to cover up the sun. Have a great weekend!

Back