BH bike truck load at Lenny's. Anyone else catch this on their Instagram?

How do you like the carbon bike? I am glad you posted about the bikes. I was just browsing the forum and saw your post. I ended up buying 3 bikes and had a friend buy an Atomx Lynx 5.5 Pro. So thanks for posting!
It is an excellent bike, great components and rides so nice.

I actually took it to a local MTB park on Monday for the first time and had a ton of fun with it!

Reactions: JRA
Here they are...for the record!

Swapped my saddle, pedals, dropper grips and handlebars. Wife's bike also received new bars, seat post, ergon grips and pedals.

20221015_164001.jpg

20221015_164012.jpg

Wow that was such a great deal for u guys, the machines look and r phenomenal...
Enjoy their performance and freedom that it brings 👋☀️
Wow 720wh on. a carbon mtb. , UNspecialized would sell this for 19,999.99$ w/o the battery !!

"We cannot rebuild your 2nd Gen Emotion battery. Sorry.

You could try holding down the fuel gauge button for 10 seconds and see if it comes back to life.

Best Regards,
Patrick Duggan
President
Hi-C Battery LLC"

"We cannot rebuild your 2nd Gen Emotion battery. Sorry.

You could try holding down the fuel gauge button for 10 seconds and see if it comes back to life.

Best Regards,
Patrick Duggan
President
Hi-C Battery LLC"
The gen 2 Emotion battery is the 417 watt hour pack for a Dapu drive bike.

• Gen 1 = 316 watt hour, 36 volt
  • Gen 2 = 417 watt hour, 36 volt
  • Gen 3 = 500 watt hour, 48 volt
Other packs, may be labeled Easy Motion, Emotion or BH:
  • Bosch
  • Brose
  • Yamaha
I wonder if they understand which pack you need rebuilt/repaired.

I sent them photos with all the fine print. It also tallies with the response I got from the other rebuilder in California. The third battery rebuilder I contacted said he couldn't rebuild it because his entire shop had burned down and he was out of business.

Perhaps BH is testing the waters again, but who knows.

Full Fat Six? I'm jealous! Fat Bikes (at least the legit MTB ones) seemed to have come and gone as a niche - even 27.5+ is on the outs. Fat tires are now relegated to sub-$2K hub-drive ebikes sold online, I'm just not interested in that kind of drive or level of quality in build/components.

These were the 8th and 9th bikes I've purchased from them. Visited for a few of those purchases, had others shipped (I'm in Minneapolis, about a 4.5hr drive). Planning to keep my current Atom X and we are selling the others, so 3 Atom X bikes only. I have about 700 trouble-free miles on the current one so far after 2 years.
Here in certain parts of Canada (I am in Ontario), fat bikes are very alive year round A bit of a niche market, kinda like TT bicycles. Norco makes the Bigfoot with the EP8 motor. A high quality bike with Manitou front fork and very nice components.
Nighttime temps the last couple of days around here at 0Celsius, so snow is coming🎉

Last edited:
I made the point in fact that Brose is very much alive and well in the USA. It wasn't a reply to you. I know shops that are servicing these bikes, so I don't need to check.
My LBS was recently bought out by Specialized though I bought Treks from them. I was speaking with the manager about the change and she mentioned one of the techs was away getting certified to rebuild the Brose in house.

Here in certain parts of Canada (I am in Ontario), fat bikes are very alive year round A bit of a niche market, kinda like TT bicycles. Norco makes the Bigfoot with the EP8 motor. A high quality bike with Manitou front fork and very nice components.
Nighttime temps the last couple of days around here at 0Celsius, so snow is coming🎉
We had snow here in Minnesota 3 weeks ago! Also, Surly started the fat bike craze here in Minnesota - they are as popular as ever in the winter months around here too!

Where in Ontario? I grew up in Markham, married Minnesotan :)

I purchased a carbon frame from Trifox and am currently building a new bike. This frame will save me about 10lb on the final build, so instead of a 60lb bike, I'll have a 50lb bike. So far, everything has been fine, except that with the hub motor, I have to run a 220mm rotor on the back wheel in order to get clearance from the brake caliper to the outside of the hub motor. A 220mm rotor is about 1.5mm thicker than a normal size rotor. A 180 is about 2.5mm thick. My 220 rotor is 4mm thick. Because of the extra thickness, the rotor rubs on the rear brake mount on the frame. Now I know that carbon fiber turns to dust when it gets rubbed by metal, but a brake mount is not a structural item, so even if it fails, the bike is not going to implode.
RearBrakeMount.png
So my question is, how much rubbing is too much? Can I simply file down the mount to get clearance and then coat it with epoxy to strengthen it?

Back