Best touring e bike options that have Gates Belt drive system

Ekkamai

Hi!

I'm looking for a comfortable touring e bike (that can go 100 km with a single charge) that has Gates Belt drive system. I hate maintenance and would love to limit it.

Looks like Riese Muller Supercharger would be the best for this, but it's a bit too expensive for me.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Hello! I can't offer any suggestions but hopefully another member jumps in soon. Welcome to the community :)

Consider building up a bike using a Gates compatible touring frame like the Soma Wolverine, you could spec your choice of drivetrain, motor, battery, etc. There are a bunch of motor compatibility specs in this document (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Last edited:
You should consider this: Bulls Lacuba Evo Lite 5 (2019). I ordered this one (diamond frame).
Summary: Gates belt, big battery 750Wh, Brose S Mag, front suspension, Nexus SL-C7000-5V speed hub (new design for handling torque better).
It did tick almost all the boxes I had (except plus size tires).

The Riese & Muller Delight GX Rohlof is an awesome and proven long distance touring bike with a full front/rear suspension, Rohloff with E14 electronic shifting, Gate Carbon Belt, Bosch CX or Speed motor and optional integrated second battery for doubling the range. Having a full suspension not only make a long distance ride more feasible from a comfort perspective but also adds greatly to safety by keeping the wheels on the ground far more which enhances braking performance and steering stability. The Homage by Riese & Muller offers an almost identical spec list in a step through. You can get a Fox suspension upgrade on the Delight but not on the Homage. Both bikes come with the Abus Bordo Alarm lock keyed with the same keys as the dual batteries, They also come with superior, integrated head and tail lights and very substantial racks built into the frame, making your cargo part of the suspended weight. The main down side is that they are made to order in Germany and can take two months or longer to get. They are also among the more expensive bikes out there but when you look at the spec sheet it is immediately apparent why they cost so much.

Hi!

I'm looking for a comfortable touring e bike (that can go 100 km with a single charge) that has Gates Belt drive system. I hate maintenance and would love to limit it.

Looks like Riese Muller Supercharger would be the best for this, but it's a bit too expensive for me.

I recently bought an Iomaga OKO
Hi!

I recently bought an Biomega OKO which I really like. I've done a short review of it in the Discussion by Brand area of this forum.

I love my giant lafree. I have the 400w battery pack and can easily go 60-70 miles per charge. Larger capacity batteries are available. It’s no Riese Muller but it was under $2600 and I ride it at least 4 times a week for various distances

Hi!

I have a Giant LaFree e + 1. It has a carbon belt drive, internal hub, 60 Nm. It cost 2,400 and it’s wonderful. Check out YouTube. Good luck with your search.

Back