Best time to buy Vado 5.0?

warthor

Region
USA
I am hoping to buy a Turbo Vado 5.0 IGH in the near future. But I do not want to pay the retail price of 5K (I always want to buy on sale, sorry guys!). What is the best time to buy a Specialized electric bike? Do bikes go on sale for Black Friday like TVs, for example?

I am hoping to buy a Turbo Vado 5.0 IGH in the near future. But I do not want to pay the retail price of 5K (I always want to buy on sale, sorry guys!). What is the best time to buy a Specialized electric bike? Do bikes go on sale for Black Friday like TVs, for example?
they go on sale semi-seasonally, after big waves of buying at popular times of year, just before new models are released, and whenever specialized made too many of one type.

both IGH trims are on sale now - you can tell they have a bigger surplus of the 3.0!

IMG_0431.jpeg

IMG_0432.jpeg

Now. NYC, Long Island City, Hilltop.

Okay, thanks! I sent an email to the vendors in NYC to see if they are offering a sale.

they go on sale semi-seasonally, after big waves of buying at popular times of year, just before new models are released, and whenever specialized made too many of one type.

both IGH trims are on sale now - you can tell they have a bigger surplus of the 3.0!
Based on some of the posts made over summer the Vado 5.0 was at $4000 so that is the price I am waiting for (yes, the 3.0 is on a much much better sale).

When do the new models release for Specialized (sorry, I am not a bike expert)?

I so regret not buying the 5.0 IGH Automatiq shifting at $4k. It went on sale the day I paid for my other bike in full. At this point I want to see what an update might bring.

January is a possible time for release of new models.

I so regret not buying the 5.0 IGH Automatiq shifting at $4k. It went on sale the day I paid for my other bike in full. At this point I want to see what an update might bring.

January is a possible time for release of new models.
They had none when I was shopping in August. I ended up buying a Como 5.0 IGH for $4k. Ordered it and had it shipped to my LBS. They have been great.

They had none when I was shopping in August. I ended up buying a Como 5.0 IGH for $4k. Ordered it and had it shipped to my LBS. They have been great.
I'm hoping that they will have a Black Friday sale for these items. Does the Como have the Garmin radar too?

And the radar is awesome. And great expense of time and $ I retrofitted the wired version to our bikes. Very forward-thinking design choice.
You see AR, I may seem a little bit a backwards person but I think it does not matter if it is the first or fifth car behind you that wants to kill you, and no Varia will help you with that. For me, an old fashioned rear-view mirror and careful looking behind is as good or better as the Varia, especially as the Varia seems to be a little bit... distracting?

Not that I mind someone uses the radar on their e-bike.

You see AR, I may seem a little bit a backwards person but I think it does not matter if it is the first or fifth car behind you that wants to kill you, and no Varia will help you with that. For me, an old fashioned rear-view mirror and careful looking behind is as good or better as the Varia, especially as the Varia seems to be a little bit... distracting?

Not that I mind someone uses the radar on their e-bike.
I was skeptical for that reason, but in tandem with a mirror it's really been excellent. Varia excels at warning you about distant vehicles you wouldn't have picked up on the mirror. It keeps track of them beautifully while giving extra light flashes until they pass. In heavy traffic it recognizes that constant alerts aren't helpful so they are toned down.

Not for everyone but I'm a believer :D

I was skeptical for that reason, but in tandem with a mirror it's really been excellent. Varia excels at warning you about distant vehicles you wouldn't have picked up on the mirror. It keeps track of them beautifully while giving extra light flashes until they pass. In heavy traffic it recognizes that constant alerts aren't helpful so they are toned down.

Not for everyone but I'm a believer :D
Oh, AR, you are a believer in the carbon drive belt and an IGH, too :) How good we are allowed to believe in different things! :)

A couple weeks ago I asked my lbs about the availability of the Vado 5, both IGH and non, and they said they wouldn’t be available until June 2024. I doubt there’ll be a sale anytime soon.

A couple weeks ago I asked my lbs about the availability of the Vado 5, both IGH and non, and they said they wouldn’t be available until June 2024. I doubt there’ll be a sale anytime soon.
Yes, I just checked directly with specialized chat and they confirmed they are not making any more Vado 5.0 IGH until the updated model is released (he did not give me a timeframe on that).

Edit: Which really stinks because that means it is not going on sale any time soon. Now I have to start looking at other models. I really wanted this one!

Back