Best online seller?

tlippy

Just starting the "due diligence" buying decision process and it is daunting. I'm in the $2000 range. Been looking at BikesDirect.com. the Motobecane ULTRA eAdvent.
Seems to have all I need in pretty descent specs. Just wonder where most of you buy online?

I've had great luck with both Crazy Lenny's and ebikes508. Multiple purchases from both and all have been perfect.

Just wonder where most of you buy online?

This would be best answered by looking at the number of posts in the Discussion by Brand & User Reviews forums. That would place Rad at the top of the online sellers, followed by Juiced. This does not account for how long the manufacturer has been offering bikes; Lectric for example has only been operating since 2019 and is selling like "hotcakes."

As far as Bikes Direct is concerned, it is a huge online seller. But like anything, it helps to know what you are getting into. As someone in the industry, I know that a lot of BD's bikes are just okay and only worth what they are selling them for, and not their "fake" MSRP. But their "better" bikes are good value relative to bikes from the well-known name brand manufacturers.

From the specs alone, the Ultra eAdventure is a nice full suspension bike for the money. The question then becomes, is it the kind of bike you want/need? Would you be happy with an e-bike that only does 20mph and does not have a throttle? Are you actually wanting to mountain bike?

This would be best answered by looking at the number of posts in the Discussion by Brand & User Reviews forums. That would place Rad at the top of the online sellers, followed by Juiced. This does not account for how long the manufacturer has been offering bikes; Lectric for example has only been operating since 2019 and is selling like "hotcakes."

As far as Bikes Direct is concerned, it is a huge online seller. But like anything, it helps to know what you are getting into. As someone in the industry, I know that a lot of BD's bikes are just okay and only worth what they are selling them for, and not their "fake" MSRP. But their "better" bikes are good value relative to bikes from the well-known name brand manufacturers.

From the specs alone, the Ultra eAdventure is a nice full suspension bike for the money. The question then becomes, is it the kind of bike you want/need? Would you be happy with an e-bike that only does 20mph and does not have a throttle? Are you actually wanting to mountain bike?
Thanks - I must have a throttle + 20mph+

Rad, Lectric, Ecotric, Juice are common names on here. I am amazed at the varied levels of satisfaction or Non- satisfaction. It does seem, to me, price paid does not insure better consumer service.

Best bet is go through the various brand threads on here and see how their customers report their service experience.

Sondors for me, had good customer service last year.
The CS lady even gave me her personal cell number to contact her when an issue came up they wanted to resolve ASAP.

If you want over 20 mph, you will be limited to road riding, as class 3 bikes are prohibited on bike trails.

"catch me if you can"
Those who do get caught will sooner or later ruin riding for the rest of us who abide by the rules. With the explosion of ebikes, and riders who believe they can ride as fast as they want wherever they want, there's are going to be more complaints, and with more complaints will come more restrictions and possible banning of all ebikes on trails that people fought hard to get us access to.

A lot of choices. Agree look at brand forums. In addition to Rad, Juiced, Sonders, Lectric I would add Aventon, Ride1up and Espin. We just bought an Espin Sport and a R1up500 and they are both excellent bikes with throttles and PAS. Like some other bikes, including Lectric xp, they come with top assisted speed set at 20 mph, but can be modified at the display for pedaling and assistance (PAS) to be raised to 25-28 mph depending on model. On some bikes you can program many factors including numbers of levels of assistance, power at each level, etc. We ordered ours on line. There was no damage. Easy to finish assembly (pedals, lights, seat post, etc.). Our bikes were $1200 each.

I totally agree about Rad but Juiced I can't agree. I had several friends who had terrible experience with Juiced this year. They did amazing job last year but this year their customer service go down a lot. Also it seems their qc at production level isn't as good as before.

Just starting the "due diligence" buying decision process and it is daunting. I'm in the $2000 range.
Been looking at BikesDirect.com. the Motobecane ULTRA eAdvent.
Seems to have all I need in pretty decent specs. Just wonder where most of you buy online?

Welcome to EBR. I have purchased a number of bikes from BD and they always deliver on value and quality.

The Moto Ultra eAdventure has nice specs with a Shimano mid-drive and integrated battery... hard to beat the price for under $2K.

1595902928265.png

Attachments

• 1595902900800.png
    1595902900800.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Just starting the "due diligence" buying decision process and it is daunting. I'm in the $2000 range. Been looking at BikesDirect.com. the Motobecane ULTRA eAdvent.
Seems to have all I need in pretty descent specs. Just wonder where most of you buy online?

I spent about 18 months researching and thinking about my purchase. If you look through my post history you can see that. In the end, I concluded that I would have been better off not overthinking and just getting out there.

My advice to you is to choose a mid-drive motor that is powered by Yamaha, Shimano, or Bosch. Then, decide if you require an internal or external battery. Then, decide what kind of bike you want (eg. mountain or hybrid). Keep in mind that the wide tires provide stability at higher speeds.

Then, don't overthink it. Call crazy lennys and give them your budget and they will suggest something nice. Shop locally, if you don't see anything better, then buy from lennys.

AND DON'T FORGET TO ALWAYS WEAR YOUR HELMET. ALWAYS WEAR YOUR HELMET. ALWAYS WEAR YOUR HELMET. ALWAYS.

Don't overthink it.

Don't overthink it.
This is an appropriate response ! That's me. There's just too much choice. This is the bike I'm a settling on. The company owner has a you tube interview and I liked his pitch. https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/best-online-seller.36044/. "Ride One Up" #700 @ $1500. It's a class 3. All of my riding will be on city streets. I'm coming from a eBoard which has 2 hub motors, 40 mph, 40 mile range. I thank this forum and all the guys who responded.

In addition to the online sellers listed above (BD, CL, Rad, etc.)... I would recommend looking at Bicycle Blue Book.

BBB has some good deals available on new-old-stock and pre-owned eBikes not found at other online retailers.

This is an appropriate response ! That's me. There's just too much choice. This is the bike I'm a settling on. The company owner has a you tube interview and I liked his pitch. https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/best-online-seller.36044/. "Ride One Up" #700 @ $1500. It's a class 3. All of my riding will be on city streets. I'm coming from a eBoard which has 2 hub motors, 40 mph, 40 mile range. I thank this forum and all the guys who responded.
They have responsive customer service.

Welcome to EBR. I have purchased a number of bikes from BD and they always deliver on value and quality.

The Moto Ultra eAdventure has nice specs with a Shimano mid-drive and integrated battery... hard to bet the price for under $2K.

View attachment 60398

Wow you are right - that is a pretty great deal for the specs - their first round of ebikes would have had this with the 400wh battery, and likely no fork - all those with the 1x drivetrain make that bike a killer commuter option!

Back