Best E-Bike Info

Tim0707

Hey, everyone! Glad to be a part of the community!!

For a fresh face to the EBike Community... what type of info would be most beneficial for me? What are some of the things that you wish you knew early on, or wish you were informed of as you begin your Ebike journey?

Any books, guides, or material I should know about that are valuable?

Also, any ideas on useful (yet inexpensive) gifts for a new owner of an Ebike? I just spent a good deal of money on our bikes, but I know my wife's birthday is coming up and I want to give her something useful for her bike.

Thanks again!

Hey, everyone! Glad to be a part of the community!!

For a fresh face to the EBike Community... what type of info would be most beneficial for me? What are some of the things that you wish you knew early on, or wish you were informed of as you begin your Ebike journey?

Any books, guides, or material I should know about that are valuable?

Also, any ideas on useful (yet inexpensive) gifts for a new owner of an Ebike? I just spent a good deal of money on our bikes, but I know my wife's birthday is coming up and I want to give her something useful for her bike.

Thanks again!

My advice:
1. Read EBR forum postings. Lots of good information scattered throughout. Pay particular attention to postings associated with the models of e-bikes you purchased.
2. Seek out information related to the motors on your e-bikes and their batteries - those are the things that make your bikes unique. Information about other components and maintenance of those components for your bicycle (brakes, tires, shifters, etc.) can be found on other websites (for example, see Park Tools for Bicycles)
3. Another area to pay attention to, but is often ignored is how to correctly configure your bike so it is comfortable to ride (i.e., seat high, pedal location, handlebar position, etc). Nothing worse then purchasing a new bicycle, riding it and finding it to be uncomfortable to ride because it hasn't been set up correctly for you.

Good luck to you and congrats on joining EBR.

Back