Best Aftermarket Chainring for Bafang Ultra M620

Ridetoglide

Region
USA
Heys Guys....

I am considering switching to a smaller front chainring on my Biktrix Juggernaut Ultra Beast for the stock 44T to a 39T. Roshan from biktrix mentioned that any smaller than a 39T there are chain clearance issues with the stock spider.

I know Christini makes a 104BCD 4 bolt spider but i don't want to change the spider just to keep things simple also because i am only looking for a slight reduction.

Does anybody know of or recommend the best brand/model 39T 130BCD chainring to put the the stock Ultra Spider? Thanks

May I ask, why do you want to go to a 39T ? I went the other way and installed a 52T because I kept running out of gears on the top end.

May I ask, why do you want to go to a 39T ? I went the other way and installed a 52T because I kept running out of gears on the top end.
That's a great question.... i will be using it primarily on the beach so a lower gear will be useful. Also i realized that because its a mid drive no matter what size chainring you have up front because the motor can spin well north of 150rpm it will always spin faster than you can peddle. So assuming you are going fast enough to utilize whatever geared chainring you have you will always run out of gear on the top end.

That's a great question.... i will be using it primarily on the beach so a lower gear will be useful. Also i realized that because its a mid drive no matter what size chainring you have up front because the motor can spin well north of 150rpm it will always spin faster than you can peddle. So assuming you are going fast enough to utilize whatever geared chainring you have you will always run out of gear on the top end.
I haven't run out of gear with the 52T. But with that said ,I might scale it back to a 48 or 50. I don't need a 35+ top speed.

WolfTooth has 38T and 40T chainrings. They warn that the 38T may cause the chain to touch the spider arm and that you probably should slightly chamfer it.
Roshan says the same thing.... i can always dremel it a little...... or i may just order a 38 and a 39 and if the 38 causes clearance problems

Question i saw that you mentioned getting a 52t chainring for your biktrix ultra, i have an fs pro and want to upgrade the chainring as well. Is there a specific type that i need to buy? Not sure if you remember where you got yours but if you do that would be helpful so I can buy the same one. Also any issues at all with fitment or reliability etc? I found this on alibaba do you know if this would fit? Thank you for any help!

Attachments

• E6E73294-4002-4223-95BA-9CA7E8D263BF.png
    E6E73294-4002-4223-95BA-9CA7E8D263BF.png
    420.8 KB · Views: 386
Back