BBSHD Pedal assist (PAS) won't work after controller replacement

TomasCH

Hi guys, I'd really use some help with this. Recently I needed to swap controller on my Bafang BBSHD mid drive e-bike due to error 30 of unknown nature.
Connected the new replacement from ALiexpress no problem and tested with throttle OK.
After I assembled all the components back on the frame and went on a ride the grim reality settled in - I couldn´t use PAS any more (but throttle worked normal as before).
Now, I use 52V battery pack and the original controller was 30A but the new one seems to be only 28A.
Also, I did reprogram my controller using program cable to run PAS without speed limit but it didn't change the fact that pedal assist is no more.
All the other indicators seem to be ok (speed while riding, power provided, speed sensor light).
I double-checked the wiring and connectors inside the controller for any clams or chaffs.
I don't use gear-shift sensors, brake sensors or light cables.
On the old controller I did around 1500km and it died after I was doing maintenance and a spark of static electricity jumped from the screwdriver to the frame.

At this point I'm kind of lost and as fun a riding throttle-only might seem, I'd really like to spin pedals and have that e-bike grin on my face again :)

Maybe you did not connect the PAS sensor properly? Or the little circuit board that holds it also got zapped?

Hi guys, I'd really use some help with this. Recently I needed to swap controller on my Bafang BBSHD mid drive e-bike due to error 30 of unknown nature.
Connected the new replacement from ALiexpress no problem and tested with throttle OK.
After I assembled all the components back on the frame and went on a ride the grim reality settled in - I couldn´t use PAS any more (but throttle worked normal as before).
Now, I use 52V battery pack and the original controller was 30A but the new one seems to be only 28A.
Also, I did reprogram my controller using program cable to run PAS without speed limit but it didn't change the fact that pedal assist is no more.
All the other indicators seem to be ok (speed while riding, power provided, speed sensor light).
I double-checked the wiring and connectors inside the controller for any clams or chaffs.
I don't use gear-shift sensors, brake sensors or light cables.
On the old controller I did around 1500km and it died after I was doing maintenance and a spark of static electricity jumped from the screwdriver to the frame.

At this point I'm kind of lost and as fun a riding throttle-only might seem, I'd really like to spin pedals and have that e-bike grin on my face again :)
Are you still nutted up n this or have you got it up again?

Back