Today's build on a Sun flat foot. The Sun is less crank toward than a Townie, or KHS Smoothie but extremely efficient 15mph 36v. 11.2 Ah 10s6p Samsung 22p battery is very robust. Easily near 20 miler with minimum input and 80% charge.
EM3ev has upgraded Mosfet's in all 750W controllers. No more heat problems. Be aware that lugging this motor is responsible for many of the problems. But it will definitely hold up to customary use with this upgrade. BTW My BBS01's haven't missed a beat. I also now have a Bafang clone BBM02 Yoch. It uses old 5 screw case. Like early BBS0x's.
Thanks for the reply. The batteries are 13S4P of Samsung INR18650-29E Cells - 2,850 mAh rated at 2C discharge which I guess translates to about (4 x 2.850 x 2) = around 22 amps. Not sure how the BMS is programmed, but you might be on to something with the max amps settings down to 20 or so. I'm thinking it's either that or the controller is seeing LVC and shutting down?You didn`t mention your battery spec, could be pulling too many amps then the bms shutting down.
Maybe you could set the max amps to 20 or so to see how it goes (mines on 18). Re-reading it could be connections maybe?
My 750W BBS02 is over 18 months old and has done about 6500km (foldable Land Rover frame).I have a 750W BBS02 on a bike with 7-speed rear derailleur. I haven't got a lot of Km on it, but a couple of times now I have seen the following behavior and wondering if anyone can tell me what's causing it and what I can do about it.
- Generally I don't use the throttle
- However, a couple of times, I have used it, not from a dead stop but when I was going slowly in the city.
- I haven't "leaned on it", but just a bit of throttle
- Essentially, everything dies - power, display, everything
- Hitting the power on the C965 does nothing
- I get back on the air by removing the battery briefly, replacing it, and powering back up
- I am told that my Max Current parameter is set to 25amps and that I may have exceeded that briefly and this is how it would behave? Is that really how it would behave?
- I don't know what the other parameters are set at, but I do have a programming cable , and one of these days I will look at it and perhaps make some changes. I do know it is set for no throttle in PAS 0.
- Anyone have any idea what the cause/solution is? (other than "don't use the throttle")