Battery

Mumshoovering

Region
United Kingdom
How old/how many miles does a prague battery last?
Mine is 3 years/4,400 miles, but the battery is shutting down when 3 bars on the controller are showing.

Really nice batteries last a long time. So do some cheap ones. A few get unbalanced like yours. Most of the cells are probably still good, but one or two are discharged too far and shutting off when the rest of the battery is at 3 bars.

You may be able to force your BMS to balance your cell groups by leaving your charger plugged in for a few hours after the charger light turns green.
You would need to trust your BMS to NOT charge any cell group past 4.21 volts.
I think Das-Kit is pretty good with using safe BMS's that will not overcharge the battery, but I'm not positive.

If your owners manual mentions that you should unplug your charger after a certain amount of time and leaving it plugged in for a while after the light turns green is OK, then you should be OK to try and balance the cells.

My owners manual (for my Das-Kit powered Et.Cycle T1000) says that the battery is fully charged after 7 hours but should be unplugged within 14 hours.

20230730_153236.jpg

I don't want to give any bad or even dangerous advice, so if @harryS or anyone else thinks that this is a bad idea, then please say so.

I would suggest doing a long charge with the battery and charger in the safest place you can find, where a fire won't burn down your home.

This is a good video with a lot of common sense,..

Last edited:
Back