Battery starting to fail?

I mentioned the other ride, because it was very similar to the ride I did today, including the temperature and time of day. Also, 90% of my rides are in power level 1.
I don't think I have much more than 3000 miles on this bike and I'm constantly switching batteries, so each battery only has around 1500 miles of use.
I kinda wonder what type/brand of batteries Pushkar used?

I thought mine are EMV?? is that the right name? Thought they had a really good rep?

Mine are a lot older than yours, I have not been riding at all but if I get a few minutes I'll try to charge mine and see what my are doing

Interesting update: As I mentioned, on my last ride I drained the battery.
I charged the battery up yesterday and mounted it back on the bike. to my surprise the voltage (on the display) read 57.7V and the percentage showed 92%

I charged the battery up yesterday and mounted it back on the bike. to my surprise the voltage (on the display) read 57.7V and the percentage showed 92%
WOOOOAAAHH!! ... are not the the batteries 48v nominal?
Max voltage should be 54.6v.... not a tenth more ever.
Now it all could very well be that the display has gotten funky with both V and %.. but I would check the battery directly with a multimeter.
Also have you checked the charger... It may be the funky culprit. Under_charge sucks but over_charge is dangerous.

That really seems like a 52V battery on a 52V display. Even if you charged a 48V battery with a 52V charger, the BMS should never have let the voltage get that high.

I'll try installing the display from my Hydra on my UC Pro.
The display may be complicating things but it shouldn't have caused the +/-25% decreased range you experienced. The LV power cut back and cutoff is within the controller.
But we are talking Bafang and then a possible knockoff display so I guess anything is possible.
When did you get the display?
Then.... does WW use a custom firmware? That might explain why a 3rd party display is so off.

What points me to the charger is that you have 2 batteries that started experiencing the same issue at the same time. Are you using the same for both batteries? Do you have another charger?

That really seems like a 52V battery on a 52V display. Even if you charged a 48V battery with a 52V charger, the BMS should never have let the voltage get that high.
True... But something is malfunctioning and I would be cautious until the gremlin is found.

My had to replace my display late last year with one from AliExpress. It worked fine up until a week ago, after my last battery charge.
I have two chargers. One is similar to Grin's Satiator charger, with adjustable percentages and charging rates. The other, which came with my Hydra, is a standard charger, with no adjustments.
I've used both, with the same results.

My had to replace my display late last year with one from AliExpress. It worked fine up until a week ago, after my last battery charge.
I have two chargers. One is similar to Grin's Satiator charger, with adjustable percentages and charging rates. The other, which came with my Hydra, is a standard charger, with no adjustments.
I've used both, with the same results.
The plot thickens.
2 chargers going bad at the same time.. probably not.
Well swap out the display with the Hydra and you can eliminate the display.
Leaving the batteries....
Next charge the batteries at the lowest amperage that you have available and see what you get.
But it's all starting to sound like they have lost some capacity.
Both at the same time is the head scratcher

I did some testing today on one of my batteries
meter reading: 49.6V
bike's display: 54.9V Switch to percent 69%
Using Hydra's display: 55.1V Switch to percent 69%

I did some testing today on one of my batteries
meter reading: 49.6V
bike's display: 54.9V Switch to percent 69%
Using Hydra's display: 55.1V Switch to percent 69%
Check if there is a broken pin on the bike side of the display connector. Strange things happen with a missing ground connection. I'm struggling to think of how it can display a high voltage but a correct percentage, though.

I'm looking ahead, thinking that I'll have to replace one or both of the batteries in the near future.
I'm not sure how soon that will be, so I'm starting to look for a replacement battery.
I know next to nothing about batteries, so some advice would be greatly appreciated.

1. Can I replace my battery with a generic battery that's offered by a number of companies?
2. Can anyone recommend a reliable company?

I live in Canada, so I'm wondering if purchasing a battery from a Canadian company would be less hassle.

thanks
Ron

Back