Battery Rattle Noise

I noticed a rattling noise coming from the battery while inside of the frame.

Any suggestions on how to eliminate the rattling/secure the battery so it doesnt move around the housing??

I noticed a rattling noise coming from the battery while inside of the frame.

Any suggestions on how to eliminate the rattling/secure the battery so it doesnt move around the housing??
There's many suggestions through out this forum. If you use the search you will find lots of ideas. That being said I used the black plastic pieces that come in the box with the bike that protects the derailleur and use it as a shim between frame and battery..no more rattle..

My latest and so far easiest fix was to wrap some duct tape around the battery.

Attachments

• duct tape battery.jpg
    duct tape battery.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 929
I tried this on my battery and then the battery wouldn't go in the frame and peeled off the tape.. But whatever works is the solution.

I first put on too much tape, then took layers off until the battery slid in nice and tight without removing the tape. So far so good and it's easy to renew if there ever is a problem.

I have a typical long narrow battery with a more or less v-shaped profile. It rattled on an otherwise whisper quiet (belt driven internal hub gears - wuss bike). The problem has been solved very effectively (so far) with two tiny (smallest available) stick on rubber cupboard door rubber things, i.e. the things stuck on the bottom corners of kitchen cupboards to stop them banging when closed. They are available in little sheets at hardware stores. One on each side of the bottom"V", 3-4 centimetres from the latch.

I have a typical long narrow battery with a more or less v-shaped profile. It rattled on an otherwise whisper quiet (belt driven internal hub gears - wuss bike). The problem has been solved very effectively (so far) with two tiny (smallest available) stick on rubber cupboard door rubber things, i.e. the things stuck on the bottom corners of kitchen cupboards to stop them banging when closed. They are available in little sheets at hardware stores. One on each side of the bottom"V", 3-4 centimetres from the latch.
I used the black flat plastic that came in the shipping box that protects the frame. I just cut a small piece and used it as a shim between the battery and the inside of the frame...

Back