Batteries

Modar

Apparently main stores that sells NCM Moscow plus I5 batteries are sold out including Amazon and Leons cycles.
My battery was left in my garage/cold weather without remembering to charge it For possibly six months. Is it salvageable, and is there any stores around Toronto that they do fix batteries.
Thank you

Apparently main stores that sells NCM Moscow plus I5 batteries are sold out including Amazon and Leons cycles.
My battery was left in my garage/cold weather without remembering to charge it For possibly six months. Is it salvageable, and is there any stores around Toronto that they do fix batteries.
Thank you
Is it working right now?

Lithium has a pretty low discharge rate, and a pretty good cold tolerance in storage, so as long as it wasn't put away at 20% or less, or saw temps waaay below freezing, it may be just fine?

Assuming a high 2% discharge rate for 6 months, that's only <12%, and in the cold the discharge rate should be much less.

If it's not working at all now, it might have slipped below the cutout voltage. If it won't respond to the charger, a skilled person or battery tech might be able to manually wake it up.

I've got batteries in bikes that haven't been taken out since September. I have powered up the bikes to look at the voltage on their LCD screens, They're still half charged, Same climate as Toronto.

Jenny has been selling batteries to EBR members and she has been receiving very good feedback.
Locked down waiting for news...

Reuters 7 hours ago,

Shanghai to extend lockdown of 26 million people as it reviews COVID test results​

Last edited:
This is so funny because it just happened to me today here is the exchange:
Hi there - We have not ridden the bike since November. I am trying to recharge the battery. I plugged everything together and after 45 minutes I get no digital readout or lit blue light. I must be doing something wrong. Could you please transmit charging instructions? Thanks, Mark
Mark,
Let’s first assume that nothing is ‘wrong’. Plug the charger into the battery. With the silver button Out. Then plug the charger into the wall. You should see a Red light on the charger. After 20 min the charger will get warm. If not try again using a different wall socket.
Push the little silver button In and see if there are any light bars when you push the Blue button on the battery.
If you do not get any Red or Green lights on the charger, it needs to be replaced. I have replacements.
Letting a battery sit at no charge for six months will kill it. Let’s hope that is not what happened. Stuff happens in the real world. It is how we respond when it does that matters. I am here for you. We will make it right. This will work.
Hi, It must have been a faulty outlet. After plugging into a different outlet I get lights on both the charger and battery after 20 minutes. Thank you very much for your help. Cheers!
Mark

You can't make stuff up that is this funny.
I had at least 2 dozen calls complaining there was no battery base. So often and often here too Google could find the answer without any wait for a response to email or a call. I can count the times in the first two years that I needed the reseller on two fingers. And I’m not the brightest bulb!
1649163546480.png

Back