Barbecue grill for a safe charging station?

Yeah. Forum posts are a great statistical representation. I give a rats ass what forum posters choose to believe or not sort. I’d gone hundreds (grossly understating numbers of calls and support email in 7 years first with a lunatic and then with California eBike before it sold.) That shop was sued and insurance paid out and others still in litigation are getting fucked over since cheap China battery sellers are insulated. But hey, you know no more from cursory reading on forums. And slanted reporting.

Your morning after edits help a little bit, but this is still kind of, wow, I don't know what to say. It seems obvious you think you've made your pronouncements and they need no further clarification. Okay.....

TT

Your morning after edits help a little bit, but this is still kind of, wow, I don't know what to say. It seems obvious you think you've made your pronouncements and they need no further clarification. Okay.....

TT
Do you know what an NDA means. I’m sorry for being obtuse. It’s the best I can do.

Seriously i consider this forum very small, we are a group that talks about our ebikes a lot, not everyone does this, some people just ride

and probably a lot of us are pretty good at taking care of our batteries - educated about it

i would not be surprised at all to not find a lot of reports of fires on here

Do you know what an NDA means.
He asked condescendingly. You don't say you are subject to an NDA but I suppose that's what we are to assume. Also, I believe this is the first mention of an NDA. Even if so, I know it doesn't mean you are endowed with unquestionable credibility. You have made several statements that were quite questionable. If you refuse to stand for cross examination on those statements I think the jury should be instructed to disregard anything you've said.

As it is, it sounds like your opinion about battery fires comes from a lunatic you used to work for and from another ex-employer who was sued out of existence because he was selling cheap Chinese batteries. If Vincent is wanting to charge cheap Chinese batteries in an ammo can, that sounds like a good idea, but that's not how the original question was posed. (Citing lunatics and people sued out of existence doesn't add to your credibility either.)

And I don't pride myself on being confrontational with a forum stalwart like yourself, so with respect, I believe if you can't say anything it would be best if you didn't.

TT

Seriously i consider this forum very small, we are a group that talks about our ebikes a lot, not everyone does this, some people just ride

and probably a lot of us are pretty good at taking care of our batteries - educated about it

Well, barring anything weird, I plan on this being my last post to this thread. I like to think I'm more interested in exchanging ideas than in having a pissing contest.

I think it's very commendable that you want to take extra safety precautions. From what I can tell, in my opinion, the evidence that you need to do so is underwhelming -- unless you're building your own batteries or buying and using the cheapest ones you can find on EBay or Alibaba.

To be clear, I never thought or meant to suggest that forum posts regarding battery fires would prove anything. It doesn't help though that only one person out of over 2000 views to the tread came forward with such a post and it was mostly off-target.

TT

Good point....

How would you rate a shrink wrap battery from Jenny using this criteria
I’m pleased. I accepted a pack without separation as it’ll never generate any heat to be concerned about. I’m running 15A and its 20Ah. My polly case has cell separation and it will never have more than an 18A demand. The new one is for a 48V also 21700 cells. And separation. Shoild be ready to ship next week.

Back