Bafang M400 max drive

Tommen

Region
Europe
Has anyone added a thumb throttle to this engine?
Ive got a MM 330.250 15 engine (Bafang mid drive m400)
And im wondering if i add a UART PLUG 1T4, would i then be a ble to add a throttle?
Or does it require some coding or ?

First you have to determine for sure if your M400 is UART or CanBus. What you will need to do is drop the motor and hook up one of these:

It will run up to the handlebar following the path of the existing one and the green plug will be your throttle. UART plugs are round and CanBus are triangular. Your display and mode selector will plug into the other recepticles. You will no longer need the existing similar looking harness.

First you have to determine for sure if your M400 is UART or CanBus. What you will need to do is drop the motor and hook up one of these:

It will run up to the handlebar following the path of the existing one and the green plug will be your throttle. UART plugs are round and CanBus are triangular. Your display and mode selector will plug into the other recepticles. You will no longer need the existing similar looking harness.
All right thanks for the answer, im still waiting for my crankpuller so i can check what connection i have

All right thanks for the answer, im still waiting for my crankpuller so i can check what connection i have
The connector in question (round or 5 sided) is the one the display plugs in to up by the handlebars....

The connector in question (round or 5 sided) is the one the display plugs in to up by the handlebars....
Its round, and thats the UART1T4 cable that i ordered yesterday, ill update with the results when it arrives, probably takes about 3weeks.

Keep us posted on your findings!

the answer is yes, it works. But the thorttle only works after 10kmt is reached, probalby so the engine wont burn itself.

Back