Bafang 750w Motor Upgrade

The Russian guy "Polar Beaver" on YouTube did a breakdown (partial anyway) of the G062 and recently he did a road test of the motor, thing to note is the guy weighs 160Kg or 352Lbs. and that motor was pushing him up the hills throttle only!
Think he is using 52v at 40amps or more, it's in Russian google translation not quite there.
Not sure why Bafang is only making it in a 6t but it is a beefy motor with huge magnets.
Without knowing the exact specs running it through Grin's motor simulator and a couple of the closest motors I could find I get a torque of at least 85nm to over 110nm depending on the controller.
Guess I will find out when I get it and lace it up!
Im running vented G062.1000.DC with 60v 120A continous 24Ah battery and 45A+ custom controller. Big torque! 0-25mph ~3.5sec topspeed over 42mph.

Im running vented G062.1000.DC with 60v 120A continous 24Ah battery and 45A+ custom controller. Big torque! 0-25mph ~3.5sec topspeed over 42mph.
What happens when you push that much voltage to the motor?
Is it possible to upgrade my Controller? I've noticed it only allows 30A.
I've looked everywhere on Aliexpress and it seems that most controllers are NOT Julet style like mine. Any idea how or where I could get an upgraded controller?

What is your max wattage seen on The Sw900 screen? Screen locked for setting or not?
The wattage jumps from time to time, I've seen it spike to 1300w before.

What happens when you push that much voltage to the motor?
Is it possible to upgrade my Controller? I've noticed it only allows 30A.
I've looked everywhere on Aliexpress and it seems that most controllers are NOT Julet style like mine. Any idea how or where I could get an upgraded controller?

The wattage jumps from time to time, I've seen it spike to 1300w before.
The G060 750watt uses the Julet connector but the G062 is using the HiGo L1019 which is the connector Grin uses on the Phaserunner and Baserunner L10, Another YouTuber "Hawaii Ebikes" reviewed the G062 and
is using a controller with the L10, I was going to send him a message to ask about it but never got to it

That motor may be a good candidate for oil cooling, but I doubt I will run it at more than 2000watts so I doubt I will bother, I am assuming it doesn't have a thermistor in it?

The G060 750watt uses the Julet connector but the G062 is using the HiGo L1019 which is the connector Grin uses on the Phaserunner and Baserunner L10, Another YouTuber "Hawaii Ebikes" reviewed the G062 and
is using a controller with the L10, I was going to send him a message to ask about it but never got to it
I have these plug n play 48-60v 40A L1019 controller kits (controller, main harness and 72v Lcd8h) custom made for Rad power Bikes. Limited availability and next coming batch all reserved.

Attachments

• IMG_20210620_140518__01.jpg
    IMG_20210620_140518__01.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 226
That motor may be a good candidate for oil cooling, but I doubt I will run it at more than 2000watts so I doubt I will bother, I am assuming it doesn't have a thermistor in it?
Just under 3000w. Over 1000 Miles with current setup. You need good greasing (I use SHC100). Motor is vented for bit of extra cooling + for IR temp readout.

Attachments

• CollageMaker_20210806_230557220__01.jpg
    CollageMaker_20210806_230557220__01.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 300
I have these plug n play 48-60v 40A L1019 controller kits (controller, main harness and 72v Lcd8h) custom made for Rad power Bikes. Limited availability and next coming batch all reserved.

How can I get one?

Surprisingly my G062 is still using Julet.

Just under 3000w. Over 1000 Miles with current setup. You need good greasing (I use SHC100). Motor is vented for bit of extra cooling + for IR temp readout.
I've read that Mobil Grease 28 is equally as good, but SHC100 is even better for extreme/heavy use.

Last edited:
How can I get one?

Surprisingly my G062 is still using Julet.

I've read that Mobil Grease 28 is equally as good, but SHC100 is even better for extreme/heavy use.
I will be getting more controller kits later. I can inform when I know the date. I have shipped these Europe/USA/Canada etc.

G062 motors are available both z916 and L1019 (aka L10) connectors. L1019 has douple the current capability.

Yes, Mobil 28 is very good too.

That is some thick aluminum the shell is made of! I have thought about air cooling like that but was concerned about water ingress mostly, and dirt. And I guess it doesn't have a thermal sensor, no problem to add one though especially since the L10 cable should have the extra wire.
Now I really hope my motor is the L10 like in the store picture and not the Julet, it's coming from Hong Kong! it would be a pain to rewire it with, I used Paypal so should be covered either way

That is some thick aluminum the shell is made of! I have thought about air cooling like that but was concerned about water ingress mostly, and dirt. And I guess it doesn't have a thermal sensor, no problem to add one though especially since the L10 cable should have the extra wire.
Now I really hope my motor is the L10 like in the store picture and not the Julet, it's coming from Hong Kong! it would be a pain to rewire it with, I used Paypal so should be covered either way

Yes I took a calculated risk with this cooling solution. The L10 has thermocouple wire in it. None of the Bafang hubs has that sensor in though.
Hope you get the L10 version. You should get controller side female L10 pig tail connectror also in that motor package.

Yes I took a calculated risk with this cooling solution. The L10 has thermocouple wire in it. None of the Bafang hubs has that sensor in though.
Hope you get the L10 version. You should get controller side female L10 pig tail connectror also in that motor package.
So I realized something that Bafang does, combine motor wattages. The G060 comes in 3 wattages 350-500 and 750watts. The 350-500watt comes with the Higo Z9 connector which is rated for lower wattage, the 750watt comes with the higher-rated Julet connector.
looking at the Bafang site the G062 is also or was made in 2 wattages 750 and 1000watts, RM G062.750/1000.D
So the 750watt uses the Julet and the 1000watt the Higo L10 most likely.
The site I bought it from listed it as Bafang RM G062 1000, will find out soon enough it's on it's way, not bad only took 1 day for them to ship out

So I realized something that Bafang does, combine motor wattages. The G060 comes in 3 wattages 350-500 and 750watts. The 350-500watt comes with the Higo Z9 connector which is rated for lower wattage, the 750watt comes with the higher-rated Julet connector.
looking at the Bafang site the G062 is also or was made in 2 wattages 750 and 1000watts, RM G062.750/1000.D
The site I bought it from listed it as Bafang RM G062 1000, will find out soon enough it's on it's way, not bad only took 1 day for them to ship out
Yes G062 comes in 750&1000w versions. I've seen both with z916 and L10 connectors. Also they come in at least 2 turn count (KV) versions. Faster is ~8.9rpm/volt. Not sure the exact KV of the slower one.

Both wattages come with both style connectors, depends on what the bike manufacturer plans on using for connectors I guess.

Has anyone any experience with this motor. I assume 420 rpm is both 750W and 1000W. Kit available with 2 wheels. https://bafang-e.com/en/oem-area/components/component/motor/rm-g0f05007501000ddc/
Kind of out of the scope of the original post but since Bafang is one of the worst companies when it comes to giving out details, appropriate in that regard.
You cant even make an inquiry about a part unless you are a company/dealer wanting to buy 1000 units minimum, not really that unusual in many companies only deal in bulk but just not coming out and giving more details is basically stupid in my opinion.
No bike manufacturers are selling it as part of a bike at least in the US that I know of, so no luck there.
The only other place you may find info is on Alibaba or Aliexpress or maybe eBay since a lot of stuff from CN gets sold on there

Great thread !

Q- How would a Gmac or Crystalyte UFO motor compare to the Bafang G062 ? Obvsly. a lot mo' $ and REGEN braking are 2 of the bigger differeces.

Want to do a build under 60lbs total weight and resarching for now.

Great thread !

Q- How would a Gmac or Crystalyte UFO motor compare to the Bafang G062 ? Obvsly. a lot mo' $ and REGEN braking are 2 of the bigger differeces.

Want to do a build under 60lbs total weight and resarching for now.
The G062 is a geared fat bike motor for 175-190mm width dropouts, it would be great to have a locked clutch for it like the GMAC, I have that motor as well

The G062 is a geared fat bike motor for 175-190mm width dropouts, it would be great to have a locked clutch for it like the GMAC, I have that motor as well
Locking that clutch up/disabling it wouldn't be that big a deal for a serious builder. I'd love to build a GMAC, currently have a MAC 12t (pretty much the same motor, but WITH internal clutch) that's been absolutely bullet proof for several years now. The reason I don't already have a GMAC is the required display from Grin. When it comes to the functionality of the GMAC, you need the Grin electronics available only from Grin electronics to make it work. If you locked up the clutch in a GO62, and set it up on the Grin controller, you would have what amounts to a Bafang GMAC....

Back