Bafang 750w Motor Upgrade

If i do another build it will be one with regen braking. The terrain i ride in almost demands it and i am happy to stay under 30 mph. Be a good winter project to build a gmac hubbed rear wheel.

Locking that clutch up/disabling it wouldn't be that big a deal for a serious builder. I'd love to build a GMAC, currently have a MAC 12t (pretty much the same motor, but WITH internal clutch) that's been absolutely bullet proof for several years now. The reason I don't already have a GMAC is the required display from Grin. When it comes to the functionality of the GMAC, you need the Grin electronics available only from Grin electronics to make it work. If you locked up the clutch in a GO62, and set it up on the Grin controller, you would have what amounts to a Bafang GMAC....
If you have a welder it is very easy to lock a clutch in a hub motor as long as the gears mesh straight not helical it's very easy to make geared hub do regen, the G062 would do great with it enabled.
With the Grin motor controllers, I have the motors can be run without the display, just with a standard throttle with JST connector. The downside is no PAS since that signal is handled by the CA.
It could be hidden out of the way in a bag which I have thought about doing to improve stealth.
You have a digital and analog option with the cycle analyst as well so it could still be controlled with a couple of buttons on the handlebar

If i do another build it will be one with regen braking. The terrain i ride in almost demands it and i am happy to stay under 30 mph. Be a good winter project to build a gmac hubbed rear wheel.
Get a DD if you can stand the lesser torque and extra weight, the extra speed obviously doesn't matter to you,my New "step thru " build is probably going to incorporate a DD motor because I want regen and believe it helps in your conditions!( big fan of regen here- not for the pitiful recharge, for brake saving and control)

Clutch failure point was found after running the vented G062 at 4000w peak for couple of months. I will propably lock it for practical reasons.

Back