Bafang 750w Motor Upgrade

Hi.
I have G062.1000.DC (DC for freehub/cassette) and running that on 60v battery 40A controller.. Soon 45A.
Hey, which controller are you using with the G062? My current controller is only running 30A, and I can only get a top speed about 40km/h. Any idea what I can do to upgrade its performance of it?

Hey, which controller are you using with the G062? My current controller is only running 30A, and I can only get a top speed about 40km/h. Any idea what I can do to upgrade its performance of it?
Can you tell which G062 series motor you have (what reads on the motor)?
My controller is custom factory order plug n play for Rad Power Bikes and G062 motor.

Can you tell which G062 series motor you have (what reads on the motor)?
My controller is custom factory order plug n play for Rad Power Bikes and G062 motor.
RM G062.1000.D 06 is what I can read from my motor.

RM G062.1000.D 06 is what I can read from my motor.
Ok, thats good. Whats your no load max speed and minimum voltage on display during this test (rear wheel off the ground full throttle)?
What battery? What controller?
Voltage drop ( testing voltage before test - readout when accelerating to topspeed)?
Max wattage on display?

Ok, thats good. Whats your no load max speed and minimum voltage on display during this test (rear wheel off the ground full throttle)?
What battery? What controller?
Voltage drop ( testing voltage before test - readout when accelerating to topspeed)?
Max wattage on display?

Max speed without load is about 48km/h. The controller is 48V 30A.
I have not seen what the max wattage on the display is but I've been getting close to 1400W? I think.
The battery is a Samsung 48V 16AH.

The controller is some unknown brand, uses all julet connectors.

By the way, my rear bolt is a 19mm rear axle bolt. What is the torque specs of it as the wheel came off the other day when riding.

Last edited:
Max speed without load is about 48km/h. The controller is 48V 30A.
I have not seen what the max wattage on the display is but I've been getting close to 1400W? I think.
The battery is a Samsung 48V 16AH.

The controller is some unknown brand, uses all julet connectors.

By the way, my rear bolt is a 19mm rear axle bolt. What is the torque specs of it as the wheel came off the other day when riding.
You have Rover?
That no load speed is way less than it should. For Rover it should be ~65km/h (FULL 48V battery). Can you show your display/controller settings?
If you have all the stock parts (torque arm & torque washer) in place The wheel should not come off easily. Im using spanner to tighten with reasonable force.

65km/h (so 40mph??) 🤔

Are you saying the stock RM G060.350.DC can go up to 40mph under no load (@48v) ???
No. Not stock motor. Fast laced G062.1000.D 6 motor is 8.9rpm/V and does approx 40mph unloaded.
Real topspeed is annother thing and depends on controller and battery + other.
My Rhino with this motor does 80km/h no load (60v battery) and 42+mph (68 km/h) real topspeed.

Last edited:
actually, I made the wheel 29 inch so that it will simulate better top speed for 26 inch with fat tire.

still, nowhere near 65km/h (40mph)
In simulator change the motor KV to 8.9rpm/volt and test custom battery 54v (full 48v battery).

You have Rover?
That no load speed is way less than it should. For Rover it should be ~65km/h (FULL 48V battery). Can you show your display/controller settings?
If you have all the stock parts (torque arm & torque washer) in place The wheel should not come off easily. Im using spanner to tighten with reasonable force.
Hi Sorry I forgot to mention it is not a Rover.
I have a SW900 with the G062.1000.DC6
The controller is this one.

dWYpGqHl.jpg

Ok. Wheels size is? Can you change relevant settings on sw900? Stock motor was what?
Which settings should I change? I've adjusted the top speed to be 100km/h setting. I don't think theres any others.
The wheel size is 20"x4.

Which settings should I change? I've adjusted the top speed to be 100km/h setting. I don't think theres any others.
The wheel size is 20"x4.
Ok, you have smaller wheels. That changed things a little. Wheel size setting for 20x4 is 23 to 24". Then correct no load speed for 20" 6 turn G062 motor is ~53km/h.
What bike do you have and is that stock for that bike?

Ok, you have smaller wheels. That changed things a little. Wheel size setting for 20x4 is 23 to 24". Then correct no load speed for 20" 6 turn G062 motor is ~53km/h.
What bike do you have and is that stock for that bike?
So for my SW900 I have to set 23 or 24"?
The bike I have is like a Super73 but directly from China with a Bafang rear motor.

Yes. 20x4" wheel matches close to 24x1.95 when near upper end recommend pressure.
You can use GPS app (accurate ennough) to verify best wheel size setting. Not saying setting 24" is exactly matching but may be the closest of options.
Very likely this may be your only "problem".

Yes. 20x4" wheel matches close to 24x1.95 when near upper end recommend pressure.
You can use GPS app (accurate ennough) to verify best wheel size setting. Not saying setting 24" is exactly matching but may be the closest of options.
Very likely this may be your only "problem".
Okay, perfect I'll adjust the settings and test with my phone for GPS speed accuracy.
Do you happen to know if there's any way to make the G062 any faster? It seems to be climbing a bit slow on hills.

Okay, perfect I'll adjust the settings and test with my phone for GPS speed accuracy.
Do you happen to know if there's any way to make the G062 any faster? It seems to be climbing a bit slow on hills.
More current (amps) for more torque.

More current (amps) for more torque.
I'm guessing a new controller? There isn't much controllers on the market that pushes more than 30A with julet connectors, which is what my bike is wired for. I have a 2pin split to 5 julet and the usual julet connectors for the battery and rest of the bike.
I wonder where I can get a new controller to at least push 35A or 40A... Most are also paired with KT screens and not my SW900.

I'm guessing a new controller? There isn't much controllers on the market that pushes more than 30A with julet connectors, which is what my bike is wired for. I have a 2pin split to 5 julet and the usual julet connectors for the battery and rest of the bike.
I wonder where I can get a new controller to at least push 35A or 40A... Most are also paired with KT screens and not my SW900.
What is your max wattage seen on The Sw900 screen? Screen locked for setting or not?

The Russian guy "Polar Beaver" on YouTube did a breakdown (partial anyway) of the G062 and recently he did a road test of the motor, thing to note is the guy weighs 160Kg or 352Lbs. and that motor was pushing him up the hills throttle only!
Think he is using 52v at 40amps or more, it's in Russian google translation not quite there.
Not sure why Bafang is only making it in a 6t but it is a beefy motor with huge magnets.
Without knowing the exact specs running it through Grin's motor simulator and a couple of the closest motors I could find I get a torque of at least 85nm to over 110nm depending on the controller.
Guess I will find out when I get it and lace it up!

Back