Axle / Nut Thread Size

Desert explorer

The nuts on my wheels are rusting and I want to replace them but can't figure out what size they are. The nut is a 10mm or 3/8" I would guess 10mm since the bikes from China. I have tried a 10mm X 1.0 ,1.25 and 1.50 none of them work.
A 3/8 -24 NF is close as well but will not thread onto the axle. The original nuts threads on fine onto the axle leading be to believe its an odd size?
Is there a standard size for the axle nuts?
Thanks
Ken

Ok,
I rechecked the thread size and it was a 10MM X 1.00 problem is I can't find a flange nut in that size but a regular 316 SS nut and a 316 SS split lock washer from China is better than a rusty flange steel nut from China.
Keep the wind at your back.

The nuts on my wheels are rusting and I want to replace them but can't figure out what size they are. The nut is a 10mm or 3/8" I would guess 10mm since the bikes from China. I have tried a 10mm X 1.0 ,1.25 and 1.50 none of them work.
A 3/8 -24 NF is close as well but will not thread onto the axle. The original nuts threads on fine onto the axle leading be to believe its an odd size?
Is there a standard size for the axle nuts?
Thanks
Ken
try a standard 3/8" nut thats what my bike has. its weird Chinese hubs with 3/8' threads.

Amazon has about the widest selection I've seen. Nearly every color/material spec there is.

Must be a mid drive to have 10mm axles on regular wheels?

Almost all of my regular bike wheels are skewer types, I I got one coming in that uses nuts.

Yes,
Mid drive with a front fork that uses nuts instead of skewers.

Attachments

• IMG_6661.JPG
    IMG_6661.JPG
    735.6 KB · Views: 533
Back