Aventure Fork Upgrade?

R Hudson

I was wondering if anyone has replaced their crummy Zoom fork with something better? My fork bottoms too easily, has WAY too much flex, and is overall pretty poor quality so I was wondering if anyone has replaced theirs with an aftermarket unit? If so, what did you go with?

Yes, and my new one is so much lighter than the stock one. Got one from KRSEC. Its an air pressure type. Just make sure it fits the disc brakes and has an attachment for the fenders.

I'm looking to upgrade as well. I'm a big guy, over 6 feet and close to 270 lbs. The stock for isn't great and I can easily bottom it out. I'm looking for something sturdier, made for heavier riders, and confirmed fit, preferably from a known brand. Any other suggestions?

Th
I'm looking to upgrade as well. I'm a big guy, over 6 feet and close to 270 lbs. The stock for isn't great and I can easily bottom it out. I'm looking for something sturdier, made for heavier riders, and confirmed fit, preferably from a known brand. Any other suggestions?

The Manitou Mastadon is the king of fatbike forks. Those forks mentioned above? I doubt they're much better than stock for that price. The Mastadon is a serious fork at $650+. Make sure you check with Aventon on fit requirements. And dont by a fork much longer than stock, an inch longer is okay but much longer and youll change the handling of the bike.

And dont by a fork much longer than stock, an inch longer is okay but much longer and youll change the handling of the bike.
Possibly for the better. I've been considering the swap for this reason alone. The Aventure really doesn't feel like it has enough rake on it.

I suspect my fork is bad because my bike is wobbly. Can you let me know the exact fork part # that fits aventon aventure step tru. I have a trouble finding a fork for fat tire ebike.

I suspect my fork is bad because my bike is wobbly. Can you let me know the exact fork part # that fits aventon aventure step tru. I have a trouble finding a fork for fat tire ebike.
I can confirm that this fits the non-step through, and IS a step up from stock. They both should be the same front-end sizings/mountings so...

Though being "Double shoulder" it's a hair trickier to put together than a normal one, but certainly not rocket science. I actually prefer this style as the extended tines have a rubber mount that restricts the wheel from turning too far. This -- in my experience -- makes the bike less likely to fall over on its own. The double shoulder design lets you adjust the ride height at the front, which is nice.

You can see it mounted in my thread here:

Now if I could just figure out why even with loc-tite the bolts for my kickstand keep letting go. Might just replace them with brake rotor screws since M5 is M5, right?

I have to tighten my kickstand bolts every week or 2 on my bike (not Aventon) also. Kind of surprised I haven't lost a bolt yet.

I have to tighten my kickstand bolts every week or 2 on my bike (not Aventon) also. Kind of surprised I haven't lost a bolt yet.
Seems silly that on all these new bikes they're held on by a couple tiny little M5, when old school you just had a single 3/8ths through a plate between the chainstays that done properly wouldn't budge for a decade.

Back