Aventon quality and reliability

Thanks for sharing as well. Ebikes a extremely powerful and we have to respect that. We must know the bikes capabilities and it’s shortcomings. I’m sorry to hear of your accident and hope the you will mend fast. Don’t allow this mishap to keep you from getting back to riding. Again, I hate to belabor how important it is to know your bike. You brought up an excellent situation where you were turning onto gravel at a fast speed. All of us no matter how long we’ve been riding are always learning. I’ve experienced your story, but fortunately I wasn’t going very fast, but it is scary, because you’re going from solid ground and all of a sudden to a movable surface. I wish you luck on your recovery and get right back to the fun.

My wife and I got sPace 500s. They are worth the price. They have quality components that you see on bikes $1000+ more. Mine has worked perfectly except for a defective motor, which was quickly replaced. I have 200+ miles on it in less than a month. It is my vehicle of choice. All internet bought bikes, no matter how good the bike or price, will have occcasional QC issues. Aventon is a good company, if because it is small, not always prompt (within 24 hrs.), but honors its warranty. I have had no Issue with riding it at any PAS, throttle, or otherwise. I am at 210 miles in 20 effective days of using it. I intend to run this bike as far as I can.

PAS 1 can be reduced by lowering max speed in Settings, of course not everybody wants to sacrifice 28 mph speed.

The motor is supposed to be Shengyi. A brand inferior to Bafang motors. With this level of quality common approach of a seller is to replace it until you get a good one. Why not installing Bafang from the day 1, puzzles me, the cost difference wholesale is probably less than $50.
I looked for reviews: Bafang vs Shengyi and found them to be equal. Also one reviewer who works at a bike shop said he has never had to replace either.

I now have nearly 1,300 miles on it with just one rear flat. It’s holding up well and hope to have it years to come.

I have put about 500 miles in two months, more if we didn’t have bad weather in the East. Since the replacement bike arrived, I have had no issues. For the range on the battery, the smoothness of a rear hub motor, and the warranty service, you can’t do better than this bike.

Back