Aventon quality and reliability

If that’s what you read on this site, I would still confirm with your local police and if OK, then go for a class 3. After you learn to use it, you will be happy you chose It. It’s a lot of fun And a lot of bike. Just be sure that you understand and respect the power that it has. If I can be of assistance as well as anyone on this site, we are here to help each other . Good luck

Last edited:
I dont know if the 500 is legal on long island. To be honest ive only seen a few ebikes here and dont know what class they were.

Thanks for the video. Lots of good info. Im still torn between 350 and 500. I want the extra power and speed of the 500. Do i need it? Probably not. I like the hydraulic brakes in the 500. Id prefer the lower price tag of the 350 so i can get extras like a rack and lights as well. Im ready to buy just dont know which one. And im sure as someone else had posted new york will in the future make us register class 3 so they can get their hands in our pockets.

Last edited:
Both Pace 350 and 500 allow limiting max speed.

Limiting speed to 20 mph will make Pace 500 a Class 2 without having to remove the throttle.
In Europe Class 2 = 15 mph but in the US Class 2 = 20 mph. NY state allows Class 2 with the same 20 mph.

Both Pace 350 and 500 allow limiting max speed.

Limiting speed to 20 mph will make Pace 500 a Class 2 without having to remove the throttle.
In Europe Class 2 = 15 mph but in the US Class 2 = 20 mph. NY state allows Class 2 with the same 20 mph.

Thank you. Very close to ordering. Local bike shop will assemble. Two concerns are 1.) lead time and 2.) go for a brand and get less bike for the money but more longevity. People seem pretty happy with the Aventon bikes so maybe I can get both!

The Aventon has quality components without the high price. The Pace 350 or 500 however doesn’t have all the bells and whistles ie, fenders, rear rack, lights, seat post suspension or front suspension. These are things that if you do need them, it will increase the cost exponentially. i did add the fenders and a seat post, and even without it, the bike is still comfortable. If you feel that you may need these extras, then I would go for the Aventon Level or a different brand like One Ride Up or the Rad City 4. These are also quality bikes with the bells and whistles.
For the first time buyer, there is much to digest, especially all that you read on this site. Only you can decide. As you add components, you also have to factor in assembly. Be true to yourself and decide how much bike do you need and how much you can afford. I think that the 3 bikes I mentioned will narrow it down. Don’t rush because once you get, you own it, and whatever you decide on, don’t look back. Your decision will be the right one for you. Good luck

Last edited:
No problem, I do it all the time. I think this forum is great because of peolpe who care and are willing to give unbiased opinions. Keep them coming. I jud did a little research on the Rad City 4 and Ride one up and they are heavier bikes compared to the Aventon and I believe some of it is related to the accessories. Sometimes I wish that investigated what accessories I could have gotten for a little higher price, but the quality and ease of riding this bike is nice. It flies up hills.

Weight is an issue for me. The Pace 500 with a bike rack and suspension should do it for me but it is soooooooo backordered. The level is expected sooner but too heavy. What to do, what to do...

If I were you, I would be patient or call one of their distributors , who may have it in stock. The shipping is free. I ordered mine from Bike Berry in California. Tel #800-317-0479. When I ordered it they had it in stock and Aventon didn’t. If you can order it from a local Bike Shop that deals with Aventon, there would not be an assembly charge. I had to pay a bike shop $100. to assemble it. Good luck

You'll have a hard time finding a bike lighter than Pace 350/500 at that price with this size of motor and battery.

Some shops are charging $100-150 assemble it. If you never assembled an ebike before, it's worth having somebody to do this.

The only other one of this brand type that I considered was Electric Bike Company but there are oddly very few reviews even on this forum. You seem to get a lot of bike for the money but there are a lot more discussions about Aventon, Ride 1 Up and Rad Power.
On the Pace, I called a couple of dealers. Will have to try more. Bigal - how long ago did you call Bike Berry? For some reason I was under the impression you assembled your own.

Compared to Pace 500, Electric Bike Company Model Y has lights, front basket and a lot of curb appeal. I does look elegant. Chain cover is a nice touch too (it seems that most ebike manufacturers completely forgot about this item).

Model Y costs $1,800 with optional 7 gears, including $ shipping and free assembling.
Pace 500 costs $1500 including free shipping and $ assembling.
Either one has hydraulic brakes.

(Pace 350 is a different creature, mechanical brakes, smaller motor and much cheaper).

$300 is more than a basket and lights would cost me, though added lights on Pace wouldn't be integrated (not impossible to do but you need to know how), and instead of basket I would rather have a rear rack.

EBC display looks like K3 type that allows adjusting power on PAS1 (to make PAS1 slower or faster) but it is not clear whether their controller actually allows this.

Motor on EBC is MXUS 500, on Pace it's Shengyi, I don't remember whether MXUS is any better. Both are Chinese domestic brands.

My main gripe with Model Y is battery - it is hidden in the basket and isn't instantly removable, this takes tools and some work. Aluminum mesh on basket is not as sturdy as wicker and may tear, though there is an external "cage" of aluminum tubes. This battery is a proprietary size, you'll have to order replacement from the EBC only.

Last edited:
The only other one of this brand type that I considered was Electric Bike Company but there are oddly very few reviews even on this forum. You seem to get a lot of bike for the money but there are a lot more discussions about Aventon, Ride 1 Up and Rad Power.
On the Pace, I called a couple of dealers. Will have to try more. Bigal - how long ago did you call Bike Berry? For some reason I was under the impression you assembled your own.

One year ago this month. if you can’t get through to them, then call Aventon and ask them to recommend one of their retailers.

Back