Aventon Level Controller

BillyBob74

While I love my Aventon Level e-bike I would like to replace the thumb throttle with one that is more sensitive to low speed control. The factory throttle has no response over about a third of its travel and it is impossible to go under about 12 mph using it. Does anybody know who makes the controller used in the Aventon? If I could identify the controller (which I assume is buried somewhere in the downtube) I might be able to find a compatible throttle control that has better slow-speed control. Thanks.

How handy are you? Would your solution need to be plug and play, or are you familiar enough with a voltmeter to figure out which wire was which if the plugs and/or colors didn't match? I'm asking as decent throttles are not hard to source, but they are not very likely to have the same color wires as what you have. They would need to be matched up based on their function.

How handy are you? Would your solution need to be plug and play, or are you familiar enough with a voltmeter to figure out which wire was which if the plugs and/or colors didn't match? I'm asking as decent throttles are not hard to source, but they are not very likely to have the same color wires as what you have. They would need to be matched up based on their function.
I'm pretty capable when it comes to wringing out wiring. I just want to be sure whatever thumb throttle I buy is compatible with my controller and I don't know who Aventon uses for that component. The "problem" I'm trying to improve is slow-speed control and having a thumb control with better sensitivity at the beginning of its range of travel would help. Thanks.

Do some research. I think you're going to find most throttles have about range (1.1v to 4.0 or so). There are difference in how far the throttle must turn/move to get from one extreme to the other. That's where you need to be paying attention. The further the travel, the finer your movements will be. E.G. a 30 degree travel will offer less resolution than one turning 40-45 degrees.

There's 3 wires. Hot, ground, and signal. pretty easy to figure out which is which with a multi meter.

OK, Thanks for that. My current throttle travels maybe 45 degrees but does not energize the motor until it has moved maybe 15 degrees and then it causes it to drive the bike at about 12mph. I think I'll try to disconnect it and measure the resistance during that first third of movement to try to determine if the lack of energizing is a controller trait or a throttle flaw.

Won't be resistance. It'll be voltage present on the signal wire. The hot (about 5v) and ground will remain constant, while the signal wire voltage will change with throttle position. You'll see what's going on and when that way. If you see a nice smooth voltage level changing as the throttle is opened, you could be the victim of some really poorly done controller software that's not responding properly. For example, if the motor isn't getting any power from the controller until the signal wire get's over 2.5v. Motor should be getting power from the controller as the signal wire gets a little over 1.1v. - if that makes any sense. -Al

On Aventon Level controller, if you hold the down arrow and the M button you get the
Number "6007km" first, then just the number 6007. Anybody know something about that?

On Aventon Level controller, if you hold the down arrow and the M button you get the
Number "6007km" first, then just the number 6007. Anybody know something about that?
Did you ever find out anything about the 6007? My bike won't turn on and I get that code of 6007

About the code 6007, no i did not get anything about it even from Aventon. But i suggest you download the owner's manual and read the section on troubleshootings. I would try to remove the battery first and put it on charger to find out if it is full. Then put it back on and see... Also hold the two arrows together for some time and check the menu... Then email Aventon! Good luck!

Back