Atom x 5 not as advertised

Sbond

Recently purchased two BH/emotion atom x 5 pro+ bikes from my local dealer. When looking to purchase was sent links to the BH bikes usa site and looked great. The site listed them as coming with the newer style screen and thumb controller as well as the new Brose S mag motor. Upon receipt of the bikes the controller and screen are the older type. This issue was mentioned on another thread on here so actually wasn't surprised about that if a bit disappointed. Dealer is looking into it and claims BH was having issues getting these new controllers to work and they may be able to upgrade once it's sorted. I also emailed BH usa directly and they didn't mention them not working, just said not available yet, check back later. We love the bikes so dealing with it, not a huge deal. However, when looking for the serial numbers of the bikes to register for warranty took off the plastic motor cover as the serial is super difficult to find. Looks to me we didn't get the S mag either! Not happy about that! The model on the motor is C93882 and does not look like photos I've seen of the S mag. Does anyone know what motor that model number indicates. I tried searching it but can't find an obvious answer. Also an FYI for anyone considering one of these bikes in the usa or canada. What they sent is nothing like what they show on their web site which is pretty misleading and even my dealer was unaware of that.

Same thing with my Atom X 6, not as advertised and I could never get an explanation. The thing is they're still showing the upgraded parts in their videos and pictures after two years of false ads.

Last edited:
So do you know what the 93882 motor is? Is that the T possibly? I like BH and the Atoms are good value but that kind of false advertising is pretty lame.

So do you know what the 93882 motor is? Is that the T possibly? I like BH and the Atoms are good value but that kind of false advertising is pretty lame.
The T and the S Mag are physically different size drives. I've seen dimensions listed on some sites.

new Brose S mag motor.

It is the new Brose S drive but not the S mag.

There are 2 versions. Brose S Aluminium and Brose S Mag which has the magnesium casing.
What you have is the new Brose S aluminum ...

The only thing that is not as per advertised images is the display and that is something BH has to resolve but otherwise it is a very good product.
One of the few bikes with 700whr battery capacity in a real E-MTB design.

1572393469679.png

Last edited:
From the little info I've been able to find online it looked like the drive s alu should be numbered C97272. I removed the side panel and the drive on the bike is numbered C93882 as I mentioned. Can anyone confirm that is a Model # for the drive S?

The display and push button hand control are different, the ones in the ads and videos are available in Europe but not North America, there was a long thread in the BH section started by member Duke. I have never seen specs or an ad stating the Atom X had the mag s motor. Where the US site is misleading is in their stating the Brose S has 110 nm and in another place in the same ad they claim it's 105 when in fact it's 90. Pretty sloppy propaganda. What is confusing is in some ads they claim the motor has some magnesium parts. The fact the bike is good value in no way condones false advertising.

Last edited:
Recently purchased two BH/emotion atom x 5 pro+ bikes from my local dealer. When looking to purchase was sent links to the BH bikes usa site and looked great. The site listed them as coming with the newer style screen and thumb controller as well as the new Brose S mag motor. Upon receipt of the bikes the controller and screen are the older type. This issue was mentioned on another thread on here so actually wasn't surprised about that if a bit disappointed. Dealer is looking into it and claims BH was having issues getting these new controllers to work and they may be able to upgrade once it's sorted. I also emailed BH usa directly and they didn't mention them not working, just said not available yet, check back later. We love the bikes so dealing with it, not a huge deal. However, when looking for the serial numbers of the bikes to register for warranty took off the plastic motor cover as the serial is super difficult to find. Looks to me we didn't get the S mag either! Not happy about that! The model on the motor is C93882 and does not look like photos I've seen of the S mag. Does anyone know what motor that model number indicates. I tried searching it but can't find an obvious answer. Also an FYI for anyone considering one of these bikes in the usa or canada. What they sent is nothing like what they show on their web site which is pretty misleading and even my dealer was unaware of that.

I wonder if that's the serial number or model number. You should post a picture.

You are correct sir! I reread the specs on the site the dealer gave me and yes it mentions magnesium parts but it was my bad assumption that it meant it was the s mag. Still wondering about the model number though. If you google Brose drive t and look at the image results it shows a motor with that number. That's about the only info I could find about that model number. The 5 is considered the "trail bike" so wondered if maybe we have the drive t. Love the range on the bike so just want to be clear what we have to recommend to others. I regularly ride 60km plus with Bosch and Shimano powered buddies and watch their batteries die while I still have over 30%. 700w rocks.

Oh, it's a great bike and an awesome value. I still wonder what's up with giving us a cheap .25 plastic display when they advertise a nice metal Bluetooth compatible one and the touch sensitive vibrating buttons.

Picture of the motor model number as requested. And yes it is a disappointment that the advertised controller wasn't included. I plan to keep pushing to have them replaced even if I have to install myself. Anyone else want to start emailing these guys? The sticker that's not quite visible in the pic says UR938

Attachments

• IMG_29102019_204130_(600_x_600_pixel).jpg
    IMG_29102019_204130_(600_x_600_pixel).jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 544
The good things is , your display is color screen and shows everything there is to know about the motor , battery and so on...i’m stuck with the B&W screen and only a few display options on My NON Atom Bh Commuter ebike.

But yea, like the other thread with same issue, that was poorly developed marketing plan.

What I don’t get it, how can the European models get those upgrades and the US ones don’t ? Is the same ebike...

And Q- is it possible to get a European Atom X and delimit it here in the US ??

Back