At what Temperature do you NOT go for a ride ? {Above & Below, in Fahrenheit}

At what Temperature do you NOT go for a ride ? {Above & Below}

• Total voters
I also agree that the centigrade scale is more practical. In addition to being used to the Fahrenheit scale, my main problem is the centigrade scale it is less accurate. 0 degrees C (freezing) can be anywhere between 31 and 33 degrees F. This can be critical in certain situations. When necessary, the conversion is simple: (C × 9/5) + 32 = F
Even easier: take the temp in C, double it and add 32.... gets you close

In the 40's My nose runs and my mouth starts going numb. I also find it hard to wear a hat under my helmet but I've used a balaclava and that works o.k. It stops being "fun" for me at around 45 degrees and lower

How do you charger your battery when the power is out? :) :)

Don't be ridiculous ......................... 🔥🔥🔥:p
Hang in there California !

1572138972824.png
1572139051840.png

Last edited:
I
It isn't the temperature. It is the wind and the snow and ice.
I need a pair of big goggles or face shield even now at 10 degrees C. Daytime, I use yellow tint polarized big sunglasses over my prescription glasses for now. They have side shields and cut the wind right down. Soon will need better protection/clear lens goggles.

constant runny nose and watering eyes is only fun for so long.. We have snow in our forecast this week with temps in the 30's (F) for highs so the bikes are done until next spring.. sad

constant runny nose and watering eyes is only fun for so long.. We have snow in our forecast this week with temps in the 30's (F) for highs so the bikes are done until next spring.. sad
Yeah, that is pretty much my situation too, unless we get a surprise warm spell in the next few weeks. It is not likely, but it has happened before.

It finally cooled off here from 90's to 70's. Some clouds rolled in and a cool breeze - it felt cold! A perfect day for a maiden voyage on a new ebike! 👍

Definitely a game-changer - I'll be able to go at least twice as far if not three times a pedal bike.

Well, I rode today, alone. 51F is too cold for my wife. Pretty quiet ride on the bike path. Saw one coyote, spooked a couple of deer, and only one other biker ... he was in shorts.

Back now, and toes are still cold,

Dont really have an upper limit on an ebike as the generated wind keeps me cool. Had fun this summer doing lots of rides over 95F. Normally on an acoustic bike, I dont ride over 90F.

Lower limit is about 20F. I have ridden down to about 10F but that was a tad insane and it was hard to keep my face (well covered) from being miserable as I prefer to wear sunglasses instead of ski goggles. Also seem to have issues keeping feet warm(on rides) eventhough having cold feet in normal life doesnt bother me. I have ALOT of winter gear.

I use hothands toe warmers for anything under 50F. Super cheap at walmart online ($30 for 40pair)

What really keeps me off the roads is ice, luckily they keep the bike paths pretty clean in in the denver/boulder area.

Fantastic ride today although only 24F. 27.5plus tires were fun on the snow I encountered

Last edited:
It seems that an early winter has ended my ebike riding activities until spring unless we get an unseasonably warm spell in the next few weeks. We had 3" of snow on Monday and another 5" last night. Temps today are mid 20's (F) with brisk NW winds. I feel sorry for the Trick and Treaters this evening ... not expecting many to be out.

Back