Ariel Kepler

Timpo

52v 20ah battery and 33a controller šŸ˜²

Intriguing ebike in this very crowded category...as expected, Ariel jumped into the category with a ton of power & range!

Kudo's to ArielRider on this new KEPLER E-beast.
It appears that they have pretty much addressed every + for buying/owning a quality fat tire 26ā€ wheel ebike.
As an owner of their X-52 (the 2021 model) ā€œebikeā€, I can appreciate this KEPLER for both its practicality and the awesome power of its rear hub motor. While the X52 is actually a moped/scooter variation, this KEPLER ebike is indeed an electric bicycle. I know this because, in addition to the aforementioned 2021 X52 beast, I also own two fat tire ebikes (26ā€ tires).
Those two ebikes are pretty much carbon copies of the Kepler, with the exception of its more powerful rear hub motor (its 1,000+watts vs their 750+watts).
Being 70 years old, I learned a very hard lesson in dealing with the shortcomings (at least in my particular case) of the X52. However, this new KEPLER beast is right on the $$$ for its intended market-- especially casual riders and/or people my age.
Not to toot my own horn, but over on the M2S forum, I have posted 13 separate threads, all containing decent information about my fat tire ebike (26ā€ tires) with the rear hub motor. Of those 13 postings, I believe the following to be the most important: https://electricbikereview.com/foru...20-my-2018-kush-fat-tire-combo-recipes.26756/
There is also a later date UpDate to that #3 thread on the M2S forum.
I recently had a chance encounter with another fat tire ebike owner. He mentioned that he had installed the pink TANNUS inserts ($50+ per tire) on his beast. Recently the tires were replaced due to tread wear and he found that the pink inserts had squished down to the thickness of a Hershey candy bar (his words)-- not a good thing. I had already discovered (thru the internet) that those TANNUS inserts can develop a flat spot if left idle for a period of time. Quite the bummer to deal with on every rotation of the wheel.
So, anyway, I wish ArielRider the best on this newest Ebeast. It should sell quite well.

I'm sharing the following as a note of interest or assessment of how fast these new Kepler models may be selling.

It looks like they are out of two of the four colors in the low-step Keplers. At least when I click on the gray and pink version or the gray and black, the order button in non-functional. Two days ago, the order button was non-functional for only the gray and black version. So I'm assuming these colors are now sold out.

I ordered two Keplers in the early morning hours, like 1 a.m., on Friday, April 22, and then ordered two more 48 hours later. It's interesting that the order numbers between these two orders are 55 digits apart, meaning if the orders are sequentially numbered, then 55 orders were logged by Arial Rider in those two days.

I delayed ordering the second two bikes because I was considering another brand, but the final deciding factor was wanting to have all the bikes be the same so I could have spare parts on hand that would work for all of my bikes.

Good luck with your bikes. I find it interesting that the only spare parts you can purchase for any Aerial Rider bike on their website are front racks, baskets and tire tubes. They have zero batteries, motors, controllers, etc, for sale. That is a red flag and a signal to stay away from the brand.

Good luck with your bikes. I find it interesting that the only spare parts you can purchase for any Aerial Rider bike on their website are front racks, baskets and tire tubes. They have zero batteries, motors, controllers, etc, for sale. That is a red flag and a signal to stay away from the brand.

I got a comment on youtube asking why I implied the Aventon Aventure/ Rad Power Rad Rover 6 plus were in a different class ( I didn't imply it, I said it was in a different class)...servicing & parts are one of the reasons.
Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 9.03.02 PM.png

I still think it's an intriguing ebike with a huge battery and motor so i can see why people will buy it & be happy...but I also think for those considering other factors like service or parts, it may not be the best option.

Kudo's to ArielRider on this new KEPLER E-beast.
It appears that they have pretty much addressed every + for buying/owning a quality fat tire 26ā€ wheel ebike.
As an owner of their X-52 (the 2021 model) ā€œebikeā€, I can appreciate this KEPLER for both its practicality and the awesome power of its rear hub motor. While the X52 is actually a moped/scooter variation, this KEPLER ebike is indeed an electric bicycle. I know this because, in addition to the aforementioned 2021 X52 beast, I also own two fat tire ebikes (26ā€ tires).
Those two ebikes are pretty much carbon copies of the Kepler, with the exception of its more powerful rear hub motor (its 1,000+watts vs their 750+watts).
Being 70 years old, I learned a very hard lesson in dealing with the shortcomings (at least in my particular case) of the X52. However, this new KEPLER beast is right on the $$$ for its intended market-- especially casual riders and/or people my age.
Not to toot my own horn, but over on the M2S forum, I have posted 13 separate threads, all containing decent information about my fat tire ebike (26ā€ tires) with the rear hub motor. Of those 13 postings, I believe the following to be the most important: https://electricbikereview.com/foru...20-my-2018-kush-fat-tire-combo-recipes.26756/
There is also a later date UpDate to that #3 thread on the M2S forum.
I recently had a chance encounter with another fat tire ebike owner. He mentioned that he had installed the pink TANNUS inserts ($50+ per tire) on his beast. Recently the tires were replaced due to tread wear and he found that the pink inserts had squished down to the thickness of a Hershey candy bar (his words)-- not a good thing. I had already discovered (thru the internet) that those TANNUS inserts can develop a flat spot if left idle for a period of time. Quite the bummer to deal with on every rotation of the wheel.
So, anyway, I wish ArielRider the best on this newest Ebeast. It should sell quite well.
Good info on the Tannus inserts. I've watched some video reviews that make them sound great except they are apparently much harder to install than the manufacturer would have customers believe. Though they squished down to the size of a Hershey bar, the fact that the guy didn't discover this until replacing his bald tire suggests they must have worked very well (assuming he would have discovered this much sooner if repairing a flat tire).

I've had my Kepler for a week now, first e-bike, long time bmw motorcyclist. So far I like it a lot. It's speed is limited to 20 mph, which is plenty most of the time, but I'd like to know if the limiter can be removed. I know that the X class Ariel's can be switched easily on the control screen, but the option doesn't appear in the menu on the Kepler. Anyone know?
52v 20ah battery and 33a controller šŸ˜²

I found this on another forum.

Turn off bike. Hold power button till it comes back on and it will take you to the code screen. Input 2020 as the code.

I got a comment on youtube asking why I implied the Aventon Aventure/ Rad Power Rad Rover 6 plus were in a different class ( I didn't imply it, I said it was in a different class)...servicing & parts are one of the reasons.

I still think it's an intriguing ebike with a huge battery and motor so i can see why people will buy it & be happy...but I also think for those considering other factors like service or parts, it may not be the best option.
We have two Keplers and I would agree here. The 52v 20ah battery, 33a controller, and 1000/'1800'w (1716w max I suppose) motor are nice. My 6.5 mile ride to work takes around 17 minutes. If I can hit the lights right that number should drop, doing the MO ebike limit of 30mph when rolling on this commute. Consumed 19% charge there, 39% back (work is towards the Mississippi river, so slightly downhill in versus out). With more typical riding, I've got 60 miles off a single charge already (6'2" and 225lbs, plus some support gear in a pannier for me and the wife).

The lack of spare parts is definitely a concern. We are working through an issue where one of our Keplers lost Walk Assist, and Pedal Assist has decreased. More worrying for me, is that there will be zero software updates.

So, yes. Factors like service, parts, no app, no security, and no over-the-air updates are troubling long-term, putting Ariel Rider in a lower tier despite all the power.

p.s. I do have Tannus Armour inserts to install. Should have some Duro Fleetwoods to try them with this week (hopefully they fit, I'd really like to have the insert in the slicks).

Last edited:
Back