Archon X1 Programming Thread (questions and experiences)

I played around a little bit and was finally able to connect via VESC Tool to my Innotrace X1!

First I made connection using a simple USB to CAN adapter (e.g. canable) and tried to send common VESC CAN commands (VESC CAN-Bus Communication). I got no response and assumed it has been either completely disabled or hidden.. Its known for manufacturers that they wanna hide the fact, that they are stealing code: Here is another example, where a Torp TC500 controller has been torn apart. I gave it a try and brute-forced, by sending every combination possible... It took a few months, but one day, when I checked for my logs, the controller started talking back, because of one specific message I sent: 00D431FF # 14 78 00 00 00 00 00 00. It appears to be a "magic message", that enables usage with VESC Tool, once sent:

1698441360270.png

For connecting I used CAN-Forward on a VESC-Express. You can do the same thing with any VESC controller. I used a VESC-Express which is simpler, because it's powered by USB-C. It pops up as secondary CAN-device out of nowhere and it's possible to read and write motor parameters like maximum wattage, motor current, ...

1698441531223.png

CAN-connection is already available from the outside! Here is the pinout for the black connector (04R-JWPF-VSLE-S) of the M620-motor:
Code:
      ╭──╮
╭─────┘══┖─────╮
│ ☐  ☐  ☐  ⨯ │
╰──────────────╯
  │   │   │  ┖> x not used
  │   │   ┖───> H CAN-H ───┐    green
  │   ┖───────> G GND    [120Ω] is already in place!
  ┖───────────> L CAN-L ───┚    yellow

I played around a little bit and was finally able to connect via VESC Tool to my Innotrace X1!

First I made connection using a simple USB to CAN adapter (e.g. canable) and tried to send common VESC CAN commands (VESC CAN-Bus Communication). I got no response and assumed it has been either completely disabled or hidden.. Its known for manufacturers that they wanna hide the fact, that they are stealing code: Here is another example, where a Torp TC500 controller has been torn apart. I gave it a try and brute-forced, by sending every combination possible... It took a few months, but one day, when I checked for my logs, the controller started talking back, because of one specific message I sent: 00D431FF # 14 78 00 00 00 00 00 00. It appears to be a "magic message", that enables usage with VESC Tool, once sent:

View attachment 165484

For connecting I used CAN-Forward on a VESC-Express. You can do the same thing with any VESC controller. I used a VESC-Express which is simpler, because it's powered by USB-C. It pops up as secondary CAN-device out of nowhere and it's possible to read and write motor parameters like maximum wattage, motor current, ...

View attachment 165485

CAN-connection is already available from the outside! Here is the pinout for the black connector (04R-JWPF-VSLE-S) of the M620-motor:
Code:
      ╭──╮
╭─────┘══┖─────╮
│ ☐  ☐  ☐  ⨯ │
╰──────────────╯
  │   │   │  ┖> x not used
That's a huge breakthrough , I suspect krasnador is gunna never show his face again now though !

View attachment 165484

View attachment 165485

Code:
      ╭──╮
╭─────┘══┖─────╮
│ ☐  ☐  ☐  ⨯ │
╰──────────────╯
  │   │   │  ┖> x not used

That's great news, well done! Does this have enough functionality to enable firmware to be copied from one motor to another? I bought one of the last (3000W) motors shipped by Innotrace and it has the firmware, that Krasnodar denied any knowledge of, which shows strange symbols for both motor & controller serial numbers as shown in @TPEHAK's post on page 13 of this thread (#224) & copied below. Krasnodar promised to update my firmware for me once, I'd sorted a cable, but he's not responding to my emails now! The firmware that I have allows me to make changes using the hacked X1 tool, but the controller does not react correctly to some changes, for instance, whatever I do, I cannot restrict power to below 750W. Thanks.

Attachments

• FB.jpg
    FB.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 122
Hello, did you try to contact Krasnodar first for assistance? I would contact him first. Maybe ask him when he is planning to make the online server available again (he promised to make it available soon some time ago).

If he does not respond here is the link for the bypassed tool with advanced settings

Again: best, Top Dog info.

Archon is garbage. Everyone who has on EBR forum is asking for remedy.
I have Canbus 52V M620 ultra.
It is perfect.
Bwaaaahahahaha, when "Perfect" = weak kneed power-hog.
Right dude - while you emulsify your motors gears lube w/ detergent laden H2O.
Great solution. Replace what I wreck every year.
Previously it was '52v provides less range, blah blah blah'. Now yer a Fan-boy?
When were you wrong, then or now?
Gotta get yer BS straight.
Canbus blows. Entire planet says so. Barfang market control games. Weak and impossible (as yet) to upgrade.
Really super-dooper if you like 125nm max tho.

Carry on. BS is in. Don't be shy.

Fn'F

That's great news, well done! Does this have enough functionality to enable firmware to be copied from one motor to another? I bought one of the last (3000W) motors shipped by Innotrace and it has the firmware, that Krasnodar denied any knowledge of, which shows strange symbols for both motor & controller serial numbers as shown in @TPEHAK's post on page 13 of this thread (#224) & copied below. Krasnodar promised to update my firmware for me once, I'd sorted a cable, but he's not responding to my emails now! The firmware that I have allows me to make changes using the hacked X1 tool, but the controller does not react correctly to some changes, for instance, whatever I do, I cannot restrict power to below 750W. Thanks.
Do you know if it really has 3000W? The motor Innotrace sent me did not have 3000W power while I purchased the 3000W option (it had significantly less power). Krasnodar said the motor was flashed with production firmware. He updated the firmware, adjusted the power and assigned the numbers to the motor.

Do you know if it really has 3000W? The motor Innotrace sent me did not have 3000W power while I purchased the 3000W option (it had significantly less power). Krasnodar said the motor was flashed with production firmware. He updated the firmware, adjusted the power and assigned the numbers to the motor.
It was certainly not producing 3000W when it was delivered; my BMS was reporting that it was using 27 Amps peak (@52v nominal), settling back to 20 Amps continuous. Having played with the hacked X1 tool, I managed to get it to pull 55 Amps peak, but it was definitely not the "wheelie monster" that others have described although, to be fair, my current battery is not capable of delivering 60 Amps continuous, so it could be that that's restricting things.

The reason that I mentioned that it is supposed to be the 3000W version is that, according to the Innotrace website (before it disappeared) the 3000W controller was allegedly different, therefore, possibly running different firmware. Whether or not I actually received what I paid for is anyone's guess at this point, I did notice that, after my order was placed, the 3000W version was no longer available on the website, but whether that indicated that mine was the last one or that they realised that the cupboard was bare when they went to pick the controller for my motor is unknown to me!

As it's now possible for us to use the VESC Tool, I am hoping that it would be possible for me to copy the firmware from someone else's 3000W motor.

Back