Anyone Update to 850C Display

Calicoskies

Was curious if anyone has updated to the 850C color display? Is it worth the upgrade? Anything besides voltage being displayed new? I am not sure all the brands that this China supplied bike goes by but RadRover and Voltbike owners would be interested also, thanks.

@Calicoskies, this is the generic color display that one of the companies Bafang works with and relabels for OEM producers like M2S. It does seem to be a little easier to program and the color contrast and brightness makes the info easier to read. There are a few additional features that you can read about in the owner's manual. Price is reasonable and it's been around for several years, so not a glitchy product.

Attachments

• 850C-Display-Manual.pdf
    774.1 KB · Views: 1,959
Thanks Ann, the trouble I am having is finding one to buy. You can find on Amazon easily but they all have the connector backwards and I do not want to cut and splice. M2S has them but only sell to owners and I am not, have same type bike from Voltbike. Funny that M2S appears to be selling a display a week but no one on the most active Ebike website has responded.

Klein it shows Intelligent on the display from M2S, there are several that have re-branding but M2S does not if we go by the picture on website. I will look again at aliexpress (where I built my first ebike from). Last time I looked I could not verify the connector or it was wrong. I appreciate the comments, this should not be that difficult.

@Calicoskies, I'm wondering how you determined that the wiring was different. It would be fairly unusual to have the pin-out on this component be different for different brands. If the issue was with the receiving end already on the bike, there should be some guide to what each pin is for then you can check if it matches even if the wire colors don't.

That is correct not different pin out, just a male to female difference. I can cut the cable and splice but want the one that is a easy change and I can swap back and forth if I wish. I confirmed with Voltbike and have the bike. The one in my hand is the short cable going to display and the other one is going to controller.

Attachments

• IMG_2049.JPG
    IMG_2049.JPG
    271.9 KB · Views: 1,043
ymarty I had some time to look at 850C at aliexpress again and they all seemed to have the wrong connector, hard to tell on some of them. Before M2S shut me down for not being a owner they actually asked me to send picture because they said most were reversed and wanted to be sure before they sent it to me. I have asked the many different companies for a part number or a way to buy one but no luck yet. This bike frame is used all over so I thought it would be easy to find one. Voltbike (George) did say he would buy us some if the need was big enough but that may be a while. I prefer this forum but there is a good Voltbike Yukon Owner Facebook forum I am member if anyone would like to share over there also.

That is correct not different pin out, just a male to female difference. I can cut the cable and splice but want the one that is a easy change and I can swap back and forth if I wish. I confirmed with Voltbike and have the bike. The one in my hand is the short cable going to display and the other one is going to controller.

I think, if you can use an adapter like this,

HIGO-AMM-5_13.jpg

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

maybe you can connect it and make it work.

Hey guys those are backwards, female to female is not going to work. You need the connector on my hand (male), the one lower in photo goes to controller and the one in my hand goes away. The little adapter that was mentioned above would work but still like to buy just the correct one, may just wait for VoltBike to add to there accessory page. Yes would like the Voltage, Clock and color display also.

Back