Anyone know what this is and how many bearings?

ebikester

I just got finished replacing the 11-34 freewheel and wanted to open up my brake pads to make it a little easier to put the wheel back on so I tried turning this thing, which is on the brake and some tiny bb's or individual ball bearings fell out. I thought I heard two fall out and hit the wood floor but I could only find one. Does anyone know how many steel balls are supposed to be inside this space which is on the brake adjuster knob?

dd.jpg

Attachments

• dd.jpg
    dd.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
I just got finished replacing the 11-34 freewheel and wanted to open up my brake pads to make it a little easier to put the wheel back on so I tried turning this thing, which is on the brake and some tiny bb's or individual ball bearings fell out. I thought I heard two fall out and hit the wood floor but I could only find one. Does anyone know how many steel balls are supposed to be inside this space which is on the brake adjuster knob?

View attachment 78604
A coil spring and a ball

The ball is a detent to make a "click" and hold the adjustment setting in place. A section of spring you may get from a pen. The ball???? Hardware store?
Keep looking the somewhere down range.

View attachment 78604
Send Lectric an email and they will put the ball and spring in the mail to you.

From the photo it looks like the inner adjustment for mechanical discs. If you need help adjusting your brakes because they are rubbing or are soft, just ask me anytime. I will talk to you about the rubber band technique. Is it a skewer axle?

The spring and bearing feel out when I loosened it too far so the company is sending me a new one. Until then I'm just using the front brake in case.

Back