Anyone have experience with SRAM Eagle Transmission on any Specialized e-bike?

To muddy the waters, I have a Tero X 6 (which I also ride on the road, on gravel, and rarely on single track). I wish I had bought a Creo 2 when they were available (since I have had a good experience with Specialized!) and that is now leading me to consider a Grizl:ON CF 9. I'm mainly wanting a different riding position option, a slightly smaller bike that fits in more traditional bike places, and a better match for road riding in cases where I'm not going offroad at all.

Unfortunately, the CF Trail doesn’t exist here with it’s X0 transmission
Yeah, it's tough that reviews are mostly of a set of 4 European SKUs, while in the US the CF9 and the CF7 don't quite correspond. And certain interesting things (fenders, the size-matched frame bag, etc) don't seem to be available in the US at all.

To muddy the waters, I have a Tero X 6 (which I also ride on the road, on gravel, and rarely on single track). I wish I had bought a Creo 2 when they were available (since I have had a good experience with Specialized!) and that is now leading me to consider a Grizl:ON CF 9. I'm mainly wanting a different riding position option, a slightly smaller bike that fits in more traditional bike places, and a better match for road riding in cases where I'm not going offroad at all.

Yeah, it's tough that reviews are mostly of a set of 4 European SKUs, while in the US the CF9 and the CF7 don't quite correspond. And certain interesting things (fenders, the size-matched frame bag, etc) don't seem to be available in the US at all.
I'm planning to buy a Creo 2 in aluminum when available, primarily for road riding only. I considered a Roubaix, still might get one, but I do like my electric assist when needed.

I'm planning to buy a Creo 2 in aluminum when available
I talked to Specialized yesterday and they said the current model lineup is discontinued. So either there will be a Creo 3 or just a new mix of specs for new Creo 2s. No timeline, unfortunately. The whole Creo 2 release was kind of odd: They barely promoted it (I don't think they sent any to reviewers) and they sold out quickly.

Similar to you, I've considered the Crux, since everyone seems to love it, but I'm still leaning toward an ebike.

I talked to Specialized yesterday and they said the current model lineup is discontinued. So either there will be a Creo 3 or just a new mix of specs for new Creo 2s. No timeline, unfortunately. The whole Creo 2 release was kind of odd: They barely promoted it (I don't think they sent any to reviewers) and they sold out quickly.

Similar to you, I've considered the Crux, since everyone seems to love it, but I'm still leaning toward an ebike.
That’s weird. On their site Specialized is saying the aluminum Creo will be available in August. I didn’t any of the aluminum Creo’s have been released yet, but I could be wrong.

I got some clarification on requirements for class 4 roads around here. The consensus was 100mm+ front suspension. Rear is not “required” but helps.

Fuel exe, here I come. :)

I got some clarification on requirements for class 4 roads around here. The consensus was 100mm+ front suspension. Rear is not “required” but helps.

Fuel exe, here I come. :)
The price point of the Spectral and significant savings that you would reap make it hard to ignore. That being said, you'll have the backing and support of a dealer network which will provide you with peace of mind.

The price point of the Spectral and significant savings that you would reap make it hard to ignore. That being said, you'll have the backing and support of a dealer network which will provide you with peace of mind.
Yep, but I found a really good deal on the aluminum fuel exe. So, it’s competitive currently. Doing another test ride tomorrow. I will try some aluminum vs carbon bikes to see if I care. The thing I like about the spectral:eek:n is the huge battery. If it were bosch, I might have gone for it. But the ep801 just isn’t selling me on it. Not sure why. I do wish I had a shot at trying the scott lumen eride.

Carbon vs aluminum really is the question. If I end up wanting carbon, the norco fluid is likely. I have a really good deal available for that one as well. Of course, I might throw caution to the wind and go fuel exe carbon.

But I think I will be committing to a bike tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

Back