Anyone have experience with 1Up Super Duty hitch rack?

Rogie

I’m contemplating purchasing the 1Up Super Duty hitch rack for my 2020 RadRover 5 but a bit apprehensive that it might not work due to the back fender. I think the front fender will clear the bar lock but not the back. Does anyone with a RadRover with the OEM fenders use this hitch rack?

I have been looking at the 1up bike rack I have ordered 2 rad runner plus and I am worried if the fenders will clear

i just purchase the 1Up Super Duty hitch rack for my 2020 Evelo Aurora Limited Edition they sell spacer for wider tire you wont have any issue with the fender

looking at this image from their website that back bar lock looks pretty high...how much clearance do you get from the rear fender on your bike?

Attachments

• 3D1606F9-7FE0-4E1E-A528-CBE4D93F9FD2.jpeg
    3D1606F9-7FE0-4E1E-A528-CBE4D93F9FD2.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 644
I have been looking at the 1up bike rack I have ordered 2 rad runner plus and I am worried if the fenders will clear
The 1UP "bent arm", used to secure the tires, will probably hit and interfere with your rear fender as it does on my Aurora Limited. I had to buy 1Up's "Wheel Stop" accessory, which works by securing only the front tire but it does seem to hold the bike OK but I'm not sure I would trust it carrying the bike over long distances or bumpy roads. Because of the weight of my bike (63 lbs without battery) and my bad back, I also had to buy their ramp, which was designed, in my opinion, as an afterthought to an otherwise good carrier and makes getting the bike on the carrier a 15-minute ordeal. You may want to call 1UP to ask them if their carrier will work with Rad Runner's 20" tire diameter.

• Tilt-A-Rack Aluminum Tilting Motorcycle Carrier
  • Discount Ramps • N102W19400 Willow Creek Way - Germantown, WI 53022
I really like mine since I added lights to the backend.RRST 202012 Bike Rack.jpg
I use to trailer it . . . 20201224_202825.jpg
It's a little over kill, but it's an outlet!

I'd love this rack but can't find one anywhere. You can't even order them on 1UP's site, only join the waitlist. I just bid on a used one on eBay but gave up when it went over $600. I need the 2" Super Duty due to the weight of the two bikes I just ordered (RADCity step-through).

Anyone know where to get one? Or have used one for sale? 😸

The used one on eBay is now up to $670, more than the retail price for a new one! Supply and demand at work, I suppose...

Some sites are saying it will be October before they're available. Our bikes are arriving tomorrow (Yay!) and we're a couple of blocks from the beach path here, so not the end of the world. However, it would be a bummer if we can't take them anywhere else for the entire summer.

check
The used one on eBay is now up to $670, more than the retail price for a new one! Supply and demand at work, I suppose...

Some sites are saying it will be October before they're available. Our bikes are arriving tomorrow (Yay!) and we're a couple of blocks from the beach path here, so not the end of the world. However, it would be a bummer if we can't take them anywhere else for the entire summer.
check out discountramps.com I was very pleased with their selection and service

check out discountramps.com I was very pleased with their selection and service
Thanks! It looks like they have motorcycle racks. I didn't think of that.

I don't recognize any of the brands., though. Other forums where I post regularly have recommended 1UP, Hollywood and Thule. We have a Hollywood rack for our regular bikes. I like the 1UP rack as it doesn't require a crossbar and our new ebikes are step-through, so would require an adaptor. They are also over 65lbs each. It's moot as I can't find any of them, anywhere.

Update: I've been periodically doing Google Shopping searches and, this morning, found a 1UP Super Duty Double at Backcountry & Beyond so I snapped "one up" LOL! It now shows out of stock so they didn't have many, maybe just the one I bought.

How you guys deal with the racks that have arm type holders that go over the wheels, rather than the kind that hook over or clamp to the crossbar, as our bikes have plastic "fenders" (mudguards). I thought that style would be better for a stepthrough that doesn't have a crossbar and would need an adaptor.

I know of a bunch of people who own and all love them on different Facebook ebike groups. Never heard a bad word against them, other than the price. Myself I use a motorcycle rack but if that had not worked I would be using a 1up.

I currently use a Harbor Freight aluminum motorcycle rack, but really wanted one of the 1up heavy duty racks. The one thing that stopped me from buying one (besides them being out of stock) is the 75 pound weight limit. So now I'm waiting for this rack to become available:

It's already setup for fat tires so you don't have to buy the add-on, can handle a bike up to 120 pounds, the rollers on the arms are adjustable down to fit a kids bike... which I believe means you can shorten them to fit fenders. They also have an optional ramp that attaches like one of the add-on carriers. Yeah, it's pricey. But for me the ease of use will be worth it.

I currently use a Harbor Freight aluminum motorcycle rack, but really wanted one of the 1up heavy duty racks. The one thing that stopped me from buying one (besides them being out of stock) is the 75 pound weight limit. So now I'm waiting for this rack to become available:
Wow. They have a 1 1/4" hitch version. I am using a riser adapter to go from my 1.25" factory hitch to the 2" I need for my motorcycle rack. I'll have to measure wheelbase on my longtail as I pretty much have to have a motorcycle rack to fit that thing. We'll see if 58" cuts the mustard.

I know of a bunch of people who own and all love them on different Facebook ebike groups. Never heard a bad word against them, other than the price. Myself I use a motorcycle rack but if that had not worked I would be using a 1up.
Thanks! Having looked at some pics online of the rack in use, it looks like the front wheel arm won't be a problem and I may be able to get the rear arm underneath the end of the rear fender as it's plastic and quite flexible. I've been looking into it since I'm in the process of assembling them and if there's anything I can do differently with the fenders, I'd rather do it now.

For tires fatter than 3 inches the1up requires an additional spacer kit for $68 and the 1up ramp only works for tires 3 inches or narrower and is not a good design anyway as it does not actually attach to the rack but rests over two spacers. I had to buy a motorcycle rack and adapt it to the 1up Super Duty rack and also I had to make my own license plate holder and mounts for a Curt turn and brake light kit.

I found a 1Up rack and ordered it but it's stuck in FedEx hell. They don't know where it is and are hoping it missed a departure scan and is on a truck somewhere, on the way to California...

I have been working on the 1Up Super Duty double bike rack and making the needed modications to be able to attach a license plate holder and brake and turn signal lights and to add a mounting for a motorcycles ramp. The 1Up license plate holders do not work with the 1Up ramp attached and as it turns out the 1Up ramp is a very bad design as it depends on gravity to keep it in place and being on uneven ground or with a bike with tires wider than 3.0 inches it fails completely. With our fat tire bikes I also had to buy and install their wide tire kit and their wheel stop devices.

After spending $1,043 for the bike rack and the key items to use it with a fat tire bike, and many hours doing the re-assembly needed, it has become obvious that the Thule EasyFold XT2 would have been a much better choice in every respect for our two fat tire e-bikes. Even the Hollywood RV Rider HR1700 is a better rack although it too has been out of stock for more than 6 months.

Well, mine didn't arrive in two weeks. FedEx seems to have lost it. So they shipped me another one this morning.

Back