Anyone gone back to acoustic?

I have never hopped on my my Raleigh again since getting my ebike...won't sell it since it it is my late friends bike

Acoustic? I still ride my road bike if that's what you mean. My wife and I purchased electric bikes two years ago and have enjoyed them but we never gave up our road bikes. We probably ride our ebikes a couple times a month but there is something compelling about an ultra light, fast road bike, powered soley by your own sweat that you just can't get from an ebike. We ride our road bikes almost daily. I'm 73 and my wife is 67 and we still like to ride our "Acoustics".

Attachments

• D&B.jpeg
    D&B.jpeg
    508.6 KB · Views: 319
Rode my hybrid this morning at 6;30AM. Wow. Didn't realize it was going to be packed with other bikers and joggers so early. Only 30 minutes, but I hope to keep doing it.

I would check the source saying no e bikes. What I have found is that a lot of sources who have no actual authority may say no e bikes because it is run by MTB’ers who don’t want them but the actual authority such as State or City has no such ban.

In my case it's official looking signs posted at the various trailheads, and on some occasions outside of town I have seen park rangers there enforcing it. The signs are actually fairly new, but a couple months ago I was just riding around for fun and the park rangers stopped me to ask if it was an Ebike, and told me it wasn't allowed on the trail.

In my case, it's official-looking signs posted at the various trailheads, and on some occasions outside of town, I have seen park rangers there enforcing it. The signs are actually fairly new, but a couple of months ago I was just riding around for fun and the park rangers stopped me to ask if it was an Ebike and told me it wasn't allowed on the trail.

Interesting... what specific locations?

Interesting... what specific locations?
I live in Fort Collins, CO.

The place where park rangers told me my Ebike wasn't allowed was right here: https://goo.gl/maps/E2wvUocUAKWKuJJy7
The trail by the river there is actually paved, so I have no idea why no Ebikes.

EDIT - actually looking at the map there it does transition to dirt trail after a bit, lots of dirt trails back there which I presume is where they don't want the Ebikes to be.

Over in this area there are a lot of dirt trails I want to ride on, this is where they have the signs posted for no Ebikes. I'll snap a pic next time I'm over there. It's right on the edge of town in the foothills, so I don't think it's city jurisdiction... but not sure!

In my case it's official looking signs posted at the various trailheads, and on some occasions outside of town I have seen park rangers there enforcing it. The signs are actually fairly new, but a couple months ago I was just riding around for fun and the park rangers stopped me to ask if it was an Ebike, and told me it wasn't allowed on the trail.
This is the 1st I have heard of any type of enforcement from park rangers. Our local municipality has signs that say "No motorized vehicles", however, there is a bit of a gray area in that signage when it comes to E-bikes. Thanks for the heads up!

Back