Anyone change your kickstand?

gkgeiger

I never liked a center mounted side stand, for obvious reasons. Has anyone changed out their stand for something else. I've been looking at clamp on stands but I'm unsure which to buy.

Subscribing - interested as well. LMT'd on the way - was thinking of finding a left chain-stay mounted one.

Last edited:
I followed that thread and there doesn't seem to be a simple solution. I'll continue monitor this thread but until then the center kickstand works OK.

Don't wanna hijack this thread, but what are some of your thoughts about not having the kickstand at all? (I'm not even sure it's an option to remove it from R1Up bikes.)
I understand the major reason for it: ebikes are heavy.

I ride a regular roadie almost every day so I'm accustomed to no kickstand - but my bike is less than 1/2 the weight of my ordered ebike so I might be looking at this the wrong way. I'm always careful about how and where I lean my current bike, but that's from decades of experience with the roadie.

My main reason for not wanting it? Aesthetics. Yep...that's it. So check my thinking on this, please.
TIA!

Don't wanna hijack this thread, but what are some of your thoughts about not having the kickstand at all? (I'm not even sure it's an option to remove it from R1Up bikes.)
I understand the major reason for it: ebikes are heavy.

I ride a regular roadie almost every day so I'm accustomed to no kickstand - but my bike is less than 1/2 the weight of my ordered ebike so I might be looking at this the wrong way. I'm always careful about how and where I lean my current bike, but that's from decades of experience with the roadie.

My main reason for not wanting it? Aesthetics. Yep...that's it. So check my thinking on this, please.
TIA!

I have almost 300 miles on my LMT’d. Earlier in this thread I mentioned I was interested in a chain stay mounted one (note newer LMTDs come with that by default now). I’ll report that the regular old kickstand mount behind the bottom bracket works just fine. No issues. To the prior post - I use mine a lot. The bike is heavy. I’d try it before removing it.

Also - because the newer LMT’Ds moved the location of the kick stand, if you remove it, you will be left with the welded on kickstand mounting point - which may look weird.

Back