Anybody Wearing a MET Lid?

J.R.

Region
USA
City
Piedmont Highlands
I'm looking for a new summer helmet and I like the MET helmets, but admittedly I'm not too familiar with the brand other than what I've read. Gets good reviews and they're not cheap. I'm hoping someone closer to home (here) has some personal experience with them.

MET: http://www.met-helmets.com/en/

The models I'm specifically looking at are Lupo and Crossover.

Lupo:
met-lupo-NO1.jpg

Crossover (I like the bug netting in front):
met-crossover-RN.jpg

I've been using a MET Parabellum MTB Helmet for about a year now, and it has proved to be very good.

The internal gel pads are very comfortable, and the helmet remains pretty cool during hot weather. It's nice and light, and wind noise or rather the lack of it, is a good bonus.

I do have one major complaint/concern with it though. I took quite a heavy fall a couple of months ago, and face planted the ground. The helmet peak was the first thing to hit the ground, and it didn't release/snap off. In turn that caused me to jar my neck quite badly. Having a front peak release under impact is very important.

met-parabellum-NN.jpg

I've been using a MET Parabellum MTB Helmet for about a year now, and it has proved to be very good.

The internal gel pads are very comfortable, and the helmet remains pretty cool during hot weather. It's nice and light, and wind noise or rather the lack of it, is a good bonus.

I do have one major complaint/concern with it though. I took quite a heavy fall a couple of months ago, and face planted the ground. The helmet peak was the first thing to hit the ground, and it didn't release/snap off. In turn that caused me to jar my neck quite badly. Having a front peak release under impact is very important.

View attachment 6304
Thanks Eddie. I halfway expected if anyone knew about MET, it would have to come from the European market. I think they just entered the U.S. market last summer. I don't think I'd be happy with the Crossover model, with that big visor, I think it's more designed for an upright riding bike than I ride. The Parabellum is their top of the line open faced MTB helmet and Lupo just under that, maybe the Lupo will have lesser visor attaching hardware and won't dig in like a hoe -when- I go down, because no matter how careful I am, it seems to happen once a year...

Back