Anybody heard of E-Cells E-Bikes?

I bought one. I have their 600W hardtail model. I've had it for about a month now and it's a great bike at a great price. I've climbed several mountains with it (Cascades, near Stampede & Snoqualmie passes), gone further than I expected on single track trails (although it's not amazing there b/c of the weight), bombed down forest roads at 40 mph (fat tires + heavy bike and gravity FTW!), and rode hundreds of miles to and fro Costco, my LBS, and just tooling around because. A friend of mine rode it and she bought one as well. I'm eyeing that new 1500W, thinking that it might have enough juice that I'd ride it 75 miles out to our ski lodge. I'm just having a hard time spending that much on a bike.

I'm eyeing that new 1500W, thinking that it might have enough juice that I'd ride it 75 miles out to our ski lodge.
Note that having a more powerful motor doesn't get your further; quite the contrary. It gets you somewhere quicker, but the extra power typically means less range, all else being equal. If you want more range, you'll need a higher capacity battery or better efficiency from the motor, drivetrain, etc.

Note that having a more powerful motor doesn't get your further; quite the contrary. It gets you somewhere quicker, but the extra power typically means less range, all else being equal. If you want more range, you'll need a higher capacity battery or better efficiency from the motor, drivetrain, etc.

I'm well aware. If you check out the two bikes, you'll see that the bigger motored bike ALSO comes with a second battery. My 600 has 768 Wh of capacity while the 1500W bike has the largest capacity with 2 batteries delivering 1638 Wh. Since my 75 mile ride includes 30 miles of gentle uphill and then 6 miles of aggressive uphill climbing over gravel, I'm thinking I can ride the first 20 mostly flat miles solely under my own power and get some light boost while climbing the 30 uphill miles and then unleash the dragons on the final climb up to the lodge.

I should also point out that these eCells bikes being AWD is quite the thing when climbing up forest roads and loose gravel. It has a switch so you can enable boost on just the front, rear, or both motors. So after a friends bike blew out a tire, we ditched her bike in the bushes for later retrievel and she sat on my back rack as we went off to an alpine lake for the day. That shifted the weight back and so I started getting front tire spin. So I just turned off the front hub motor. Great feature!

Being AWD also really helps when climbing up loose gravel. In a past life when I raced mt. bikes, we would unweight the front wheel and use bike tilt to steer when riding through sand, gravel, or anything else loose and sloppy. With the front tire pulling on this bike, instead I find it better to keep my weight balanced over the crank. When the front wheel turns, the traction pulls the front end in that direction immediately. No anticipatory leaning required.

With the ability to run with just one 750W motor, I'm thinking that could be the most efficient way to maximize range. I'd only use the second motor when making the final climb, and then only if my energy meter was saying I had enough. I would not relish having to push one of these bikes up the mountain to the lodge. :oops:

Last edited:
I've looked at these a few times due to their large batteries and FS offerings. Right now I don't want another 4" tire bike, I want to limit my next bike to 3", but probably will go with the more standard 2.8", or maybe 2.6"

I've looked at these a few times due to their large batteries and FS offerings. Right now I don't want another 4" tire bike, I want to limit my next bike to 3", but probably will go with the more standard 2.8", or maybe 2.6"

Thats why my 2nd bike is going to be an ESPIN Sport. The Lectric is fine for around the campground or sticking in the back of the RV..

That espin sport looks like a good bike for the price. It would be more than adequate for riding around town, gravel roads, and old rail beds. Their photo at the top of their web site shows the Nero with a front rack, yet they don't list the rack in their shop with the other accessories. Off menu? Is that a standard rack mount on the front frame?

That espin sport looks like a good bike for the price. It would be more than adequate for riding around town, gravel roads, and old rail beds. Their photo at the top of their web site shows the Nero with a front rack, yet they don't list the rack in their shop with the other accessories. Off menu? Is that a standard rack mount on the front frame?
The Nero is a new model. First batch to be delivered in Oct. The front rack comes with the accessory package for Nero along with rear rack, panniers, water bottle holder, etc. They might sell it separately in the future.

I chose the 1000 watt e cell bike because I wanted a beast, something that I could do anything go anywhere I don’t jump stumps and I don’t race, but I do like going out into the back country and just riding and taking all of my gear with me.
This bike will serve me well I just put it on the back of my truck with my tent 🏕 and go when I get to my camping spot it’s Ultimate freedom i do pedal a lot to extend my range camp where ever I get a notion I do a lot of photography and this bike allows me to get into and out of areas fast. Outside Photography is about the sun 🌞 to get the best shot get in and get out. $3495.00 is a lot of money, but I am retired so this is my last bike purchase I have two other bikes, but this bike is a dream come true as you get older you need a little help and this bike comes through perfectly.
Lifting it onto the truck bike rack at the end of the day is no problem because I am strong 💪 for an old man 👴, and fully capable of doing a lot it’s only a one foot lift one wheel at a time.
I am a military baby 👶 boomer so you know we have a lot going for us soldier on.

Go Kingrat56! I hope you enjoy your bike as much as I do. Getting in and out of areas is something worth elaborating on. A couple weeks ago I flew up to Anchorage for $work. After a few days in the office, we rented a few electric mountain bikes and set out on the Resurrection Pass Trail down near Cooper Landing. It's a 38-mile trail and we started late. After the first couple miles riding in a pack of 7 we split into two groups and set a turn-around time of 5 PM so we'd all end up at the trailhead at roughly the same time.

In my 20's when I was still racing I'd have been blasting up that trail like I had a hungry grizzly on my tail. Thirty years and 30 pounds have slowed me down. Normally. I set my bike on the lowest level of boost and our gang of 4 took off. That little bit of boost was all I needed to keep up with our packs alpha on an ultra-light carbon fiber fat tire. Without ebikes, we'd have probably made it about the same 4-5 miles as the other group, since the first section is mostly uphill. Instead we made it out 16 miles before turning back. That's a ton of extra ground we covered by having ebikes.

The place we rented from had just one e-fat tire so I put one of our non-mountain bikers on it. After getting his feet wet and figuring out the coordination of boost, gears, and picking lines, he did really great and was able to mostly keep up. That would have been a really tall order with a non-electric bike. I was missing my fat tires when rolling through the mud, over tree roots, and slipping around but I was really glad we were able to get one for him. It's like the difference between skiing on straight sticks like we used to versus our fancy new hourglass skis.

I chose the 1000 watt e cell bike because I wanted a beast, something that I could do anything go anywhere I don’t jump stumps and I don’t race, but I do like going out into the back country and just riding and taking all of my gear with me.
This bike will serve me well I just put it on the back of my truck with my tent 🏕 and go when I get to my camping spot it’s Ultimate freedom i do pedal a lot to extend my range camp where ever I get a notion I do a lot of photography and this bike allows me to get into and out of areas fast. Outside Photography is about the sun 🌞 to get the best shot get in and get out. $3495.00 is a lot of money, but I am retired so this is my last bike purchase I have two other bikes, but this bike is a dream come true as you get older you need a little help and this bike comes through perfectly.
Lifting it onto the truck bike rack at the end of the day is no problem because I am strong 💪 for an old man 👴, and fully capable of doing a lot it’s only a one foot lift one wheel at a time.
I am a military baby 👶 boomer so you know we have a lot going for us soldier on.
King, do you currently have the ECell 1000?

King, do you currently have the ECell 1000?
Yes I bought the 1000 watt e cell black flavor and this bike is like a AWD Cadillac with a lot of warthog 🐖 in it. I love ❤️ this bike I have a little knee problem, but it compensates for that in a major way when I get tired 😓 and my knee starts to hurt this bike with its two batteries and two motors I can go anywhere up to about 70 miles with peddling that’s farther than I will ever go on any day and on a sunny day with my 40 watt solar panel I feel very safe. I have a truck and a Honda CR-Z with a after market tow hitch on the back of my Honda CR-Z and yes it will haul this 92 lbs bike like a mule where ever I want to go. I am retired 90% disabled military juggernaut this is what I call living the life. I grow up in the mountains of Arizona on Apache reservation kicking about in the high country and the Desert 🏜 I love the outdoors like a baby 👶 loves it’s milk 🥛 this e cell bike can keep me out for days. Their is great Channel cat fishing out here in Isolated watering holes 🕳 my last catch was about 15 lbs when they get that big they can be lazy to fight, but by a camp 🏕 fire 🔥 it’s good eats always bring steel leaders because they will cut you line like butter 🧈. Talk to you later I am a motor mouth 👄 time to give it a break.

Hi
I bought one #00016 got it last in December 1000W orange. It’s my first bike ever rode it about 500 kms during Canadian winter and now have 2900 kms
Bike is super solid and all the parts work really well especially the brakes. Have had a few small issues but have been totally blown away by customer service and the owner who answers the phone before the 3rd ring
The e-cells bikes today are much improved and stronger
Got nothin bad to say about E-Cells

Question
How do we get our E-Cells ... discussion by brand heading?
E-Cells is an outstanding young company that does business by phone.

Wow. I just ordered one and this company is one of the only companies that will ship to Hawaii. And since they use FedEx who has a means of shipping batteries by air, it won't take two weeks to get here. They went half with me on the shipping cost. They were extremely nice, helpful, and answered the phone quickly with no stupid recording telling you about high call volume and to call back in an hour. LOL! They had one in stock and I grabbed it. It is the 1,000 W. Blue and Gold beauty!!! That color is not advertised on their website. They also have torque sensor as they are doing away with the cadence sensor. Just about cleaned out my bank account but I am freaking Stoked!!!!

Attachments

• 1000Wsupermonarchblue.jpeg
    1000Wsupermonarchblue.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 246
Let us know how it goes. Finding Stock and shipping to Hawaii must have been fun. So glad I decided to not purchase a new e-bike this year.

As someone who has had a Super Monarch for over a year after a nearly 3 month shipping delay, but the company is very slimy and you NEED to make sure you are willing to go 100% without warranty with an as is sale as they are very reluctant to repair anything and have no service centres meaning they may require you to ship the whole bike back like the owner Dave requested I do. He then promptly sent me a box with no packing and when I called to ask about it he insinuated I was a liar (I have the return shipping label they sent with it still) then he sent the parts out to me and told me to do it myself and one of the parts was defective. On top of this if you get the super monarch in any color but camo it DOES NOT comes with a front rack. A glaring detail they left out. The Y cable they sent it with also is a fire hazard and I can't believe anyone that has ever worked with electronics let that leave the door, it is irresponsible and dangerous. The cable killed my first charger almost instantly, the second (that I had to fight with them to get) burned out and the cable smelled of burning plastic. There is no balancing on the thing, any safety or anything it is just two wires hot glued to a plastic base with a connection for the charger. If they send you this cable DO NOT USE THE Y CABLE. If you try to get any information on the front suspension they tell you they don't have it and can't help you, I had to fight my way to Dave to get an answer and even then he told me that the fork was discontinued shortly after I bought the bike and there would essentially be no way to maintain it therefore the fork would need to be replaced or the bike scrapped once it needs new gaskets. "Walk mode" also regularly gets stuck at full throttle and has nearly thrown me into incoming traffic several times and again Dave just made excuses and called me a liar to try to get away with it. The power switch and fuses on the rear battery are also totally fake and trying to replace the actual fuse they decided to mount anywhere but the fuse access panel and deep in the casing means they will void your warranty like they did mine, my bike suddenly went from 95% to 0% 20 miles from home so i needed to try something but instead just pushed the 100 lbs weight back. Great bike but the worst customer service I have ever seen and DO NOT recommend anyone buy from these shady thieves. Please spend your money elsewhere, I bought it for the specs but if I knew the company was going to end up like this I would have never thought of buying this bike. Please don't let yourself become a victim of their greed.

As someone who has had a Super Monarch for over a year after a nearly 3 month shipping delay, but the company is very slimy and you NEED to make sure you are willing to go 100% without warranty with an as is sale as they are very reluctant to repair anything and have no service centres meaning they may require you to ship the whole bike back like the owner Dave requested I do. He then promptly sent me a box with no packing and when I called to ask about it he insinuated I was a liar (I have the return shipping label they sent with it still) then he sent the parts out to me and told me to do it myself and one of the parts was defective. On top of this if you get the super monarch in any color but camo it DOES NOT comes with a front rack. A glaring detail they left out. The Y cable they sent it with also is a fire hazard and I can't believe anyone that has ever worked with electronics let that leave the door, it is irresponsible and dangerous. The cable killed my first charger almost instantly, the second (that I had to fight with them to get) burned out and the cable smelled of burning plastic. There is no balancing on the thing, any safety or anything it is just two wires hot glued to a plastic base with a connection for the charger. If they send you this cable DO NOT USE THE Y CABLE. If you try to get any information on the front suspension they tell you they don't have it and can't help you, I had to fight my way to Dave to get an answer and even then he told me that the fork was discontinued shortly after I bought the bike and there would essentially be no way to maintain it therefore the fork would need to be replaced or the bike scrapped once it needs new gaskets. "Walk mode" also regularly gets stuck at full throttle and has nearly thrown me into incoming traffic several times and again Dave just made excuses and called me a liar to try to get away with it. The power switch and fuses on the rear battery are also totally fake and trying to replace the actual fuse they decided to mount anywhere but the fuse access panel and deep in the casing means they will void your warranty like they did mine, my bike suddenly went from 95% to 0% 20 miles from home so i needed to try something but instead just pushed the 100 lbs weight back. Great bike but the worst customer service I have ever seen and DO NOT recommend anyone buy from these shady thieves. Please spend your money elsewhere, I bought it for the specs but if I knew the company was going to end up like this I would have never thought of buying this bike. Please don't let yourself become a victim of their greed.
OK. Appreciate the info. I have never used the Y cable to charge my bike. Also, I have experienced nothing but great service from Ecells. They have answered the phone every time I call and have answered every one of my texts even after hours as were three or four hours earlier in Hawaii than they are. A very good friend of mine who works in mechanics and sales at one of the Maui bike shops in Paia has worked on one ECells bike. The company sent the parts to the store and paid for the work that needed to be done. Sorry for your bad experience. Maybe they are getting better. They also sent me a front rack with mine at no charge.

OK. Appreciate the info. I have never used the Y cable to charge my bike. Also, I have experienced nothing but great service from Ecells. They have answered the phone every time I call and have answered every one of my texts even after hours as were three or four hours earlier in Hawaii than they are. A very good friend of mine who works in mechanics and sales at one of the Maui bike shops in Paia has worked on one ECells bike. The company sent the parts to the store and paid for the work that needed to be done. Sorry for your bad experience. Maybe they are getting better. They also sent me a front rack with mine at no charge.
Interesting you mentioned that they offered to pay for the work, Aventon did this with my previous bike and when i asked Dave about it that's when he told me to ship it back to him.

Back