Anybody else a bit reluctant to ride their eBike in the rain?

Normally I wouldn't be worried about it, but after washing my Giant E-Bike with a water hose (not a power washer), taking care not to overly direct water at any electronics, only to find I was unable to turn off the bike without removing the battery, I guess I will avoid intentionally riding in the rain. It took 4 days to dry out enough to function normally.
that should not happen maybe it needs a warranty check?

that should not happen maybe it needs a warranty check?
After reading on this forum, it would seem to be a common issue on 2020 Giants. My wife has a 2021 and it didn't suffer the same faith during the same washing session. However her's has been in the shop for several weeks after it started turning itself off during rides. With that in mind, I might consider having the shop look it over, but certainly not until the good riding weather is over.

After reading on this forum, it would seem to be a common issue on 2020 Giants. My wife has a 2021 and it didn't suffer the same faith during the same washing session. However her's has been in the shop for several weeks after it started turning itself off during rides. With that in mind, I might consider having the shop look it over, but certainly not until the good riding weather is over.
ya it sucks though. man the rain I have ridden in here in Portland.

I went to his youtube page and wouldn't you know.......that's the last video with the Fried ebike. 🌊

His new bike is a Luna. So far, no water explorations with the Luna.
lol, no its not! The Frey is just fine he is actually riding the Frey in the Luna X-1 unboxing video a year after dunking it.

Back