Any RadRover contributors out there ?

Good news Phrodos, are you in batch 1 or 2? Also, sounds like they have a handle on the repacking... I'm pretty sure the problem
wasn't in the original pack job... I think they open the boxes in Seattle and/or inspect plus install the battery... before passing them on to the states shipper, UPS... or in your case international ,DHL?? I'm in batch 2 ... hopefully shipping soon only 847 miles for
ours..

How long did they estimate from Seattle to Norway?
Thanks
Mike

Yeah, I'm in batch 1 and they have been having trouble getting the shipping right for the battery. Haven't gotten any info on the actual shipment yet, so still awaiting that. But feels good to have gotten this far. I'm guessing it will be DHL, but I don't know. Should be easy deal for you. ;-)

I had hoped Fedex was going to be the carrier for delivery myself - glad my bike didn't arrive with any major issues. I have noted a pulse in the rear brake and may discuss that issue with the Rad team for resolution, along with the rear wheel being out of true. One of the rims also has several places with severe chipping where someone at the factory just spray painted them over...with a glossy spray paint on the otherwise matte finish.

My rear wheel wasn't true either but that has been the case with almost every bike I've ever purchased. The Rad team has been exceptional with their customer service and today I'm supposed to be receiving my replacement battery, left lever (where the cable was pulled out of the cut-off switch), and the throttle assembly that was damaged in shipping.

Because I need to get the rear wheel trued up, I'm going to have a local bike shop do all the repairs though I'm not sure what they'll charge. They have no experience with ebikes so the cut-off switch job may be done elsewhere.

In full disclosure, I backed the Sondor's ebike as well (for my wife). I'm not a fan of the aesthetics but she's excited about it. I'll provide a detailed RadRover vs Sondor's shoot out when it arrives! I'll try to be as unbiased as possible, but I just LOVE my RadRover!

What is the top speed you guys are getting on a flat road? You'll need to post your weight as well because that comes into play.

I'm 190lbs and I get 23.7 mph according to the display.

What is the top speed you guys are getting on a flat road? You'll need to post your weight as well because that comes into play.

I'm 190lbs and I get 23.7 mph according to the display.

I'm looking forward to the comparison between the two. The more I think about the sondors, the more I hope it shakes out well in the end for everyone (primarily the backers).

I haven't measured top speed yet, but considering when you go into the menu and the top speed is set at 39kph that probably roughly translates to the speed you are achieving. I'm curious, is that throttle only or with pedal assist, and if pedaling what assist level? If using throttle, were you also pedaling? I'm not in the best shape but with pedaling I'm not sure I've got the bike up to 20mph yet, but haven't used above 3 on the assist; I don't really care for the throttle use myself. Also, do you know what PSI you're running at for the tires to get to that speed?

I had hoped Fedex was going to be the carrier for delivery myself - glad my bike didn't arrive with any major issues. I have noted a pulse in the rear brake and may discuss that issue with the Rad team for resolution, along with the rear wheel being out of true. One of the rims also has several places with severe chipping where someone at the factory just spray painted them over...with a glossy spray paint on the otherwise matte finish.

I thought the rim were anodized black aluminum double walls? Pulse in the rear brake does sound like a slightly warped
rotor..

Aaron, 23.7, is that with your input, or all electric... I believe if we modify the controller we might see 30 ... but I would be
worried about overheating the motor and/or battery... Maybe after a few miles...

I thought the rim were anodized black aluminum double walls? Pulse in the rear brake does sound like a slightly warped
rotor..

Aaron, 23.7, is that with your input, or all electric... I believe if we modify the controller we might see 30 ... but I would be
worried about overheating the motor and/or battery... Maybe after a few miles...

I'm not sure exactly what an anodized finish looks like! It is a slightly matte look to me.

Gents, that speed is all electric, no pedal assist as I currently couldn't if I wanted to due to my surgery. If I did pedal assist, I probably would've maxed out around the same speed. When able to pedal, I'll use the same strip of flat road and report back the max speed. Nonetheless, I'm couldn't be happier with this purchase!

[
I'm not sure exactly what an anodized finish looks like! It is a slightly matte look to me.

Most aluminum for consumer use gets anodized, like cooking pans or flashlights cases, window frames.. to list a few... It can be clear or dyed any color, for the RR rims they chose a matte black finish... it protects the aluminum from oxidizing that powdery white stuff that forms on untreated Al... Which by the way is fun stuff... very flammable like flash powder...
On the RR rims you should still be able to see the Al grain, light brushed look... no build up like paint...
https://radmfg.wordpress.com/category/custom-anodizing/

Gents, that speed is all electric, no pedal assist as I currently couldn't if I wanted to due to my surgery. If I did pedal assist, I probably would've maxed out around the same speed. When able to pedal, I'll use the same strip of flat road and report back the max speed. Nonetheless, I'm couldn't be happier with this purchase!

Aaron,
Hope your foot is healing well...it's great that you are out there riding... What psi are rolling on? I know the tires are rated at 30psi max.. but it might be a harsh ride... I always go for the tire max as I like a lower rolling resistance... but I've never had power assist...

if we told anyone over at the fat forum at mtbr.com, they would call us all crazy. I am a big guy and ran my regular fat bike at 11 to 12 in the rear and 8 to 10 up front. you could bump it up a little more than that, but 20 or more is really just overkill. i dont think it would have much impact, buying a set of fat slicks would probably do more good than over inflating.

I've been searching for lighter LRR tires but the choices are limited and some quite expensive... something with a
continuos center bead or almost would be great.. This one is new and only 1420g and pricey $120.... with a great name too..
A tubeless conversion seems like a sketchy/messy option.. It looks like the RR team made a pretty good choice in the Juggernaut Sports...
http://fat-bike.com/2015/06/product-spotlight-vittoria-bombolini-26-x-4/

I'm still waiting for batch 2, which has been delayed, packing problems.... not happy about that...

the kendas are relatively light, a cheaper start would be to use some large regular mtb tubes. the tubes they put in fat bike tires at the factory are quite heavy, could drop a potential half pound there (each tire), and another half pound or more if you are brave enough to drill the rims. i swapped on my bikes direct front tire. it is 1.5lbs lighter than the radrover wheel and tire despite having the kenda larger 4.5 inch juggernaut. only differences are the drilled rim and regular mtb tube.

What does your RR weigh now with fixed fork and new wheel/tire tube combos???

I would ask Mike Rad... or some other wheel experts before I would attempt to drill these rims... Many years ago I drilled out my '75 Norton 850's solid rotors and it was a major chore... looked cool, but no noticeable performance improvements... but I had a hard time keeping that thing roadworthy... a typical English motorbike issue of the era... they vibrated apart...

My bike finally shipped! But this doesn't look that good:
image.jpg

Awww man! I feel your disappointment, I know I would be totally gutted. After waiting all this time and getting so close to receiving your bike, it's now going in the wrong direction. I hope the problem gets sorted out quickly for you, and that your first ride on your new bike won't be in the snow!

I'll be interested to know what the problem was since my bike will be shipped to the UK and will go through a similar process to yours.

Awww man! I feel your disappointment, I know I would be totally gutted. After waiting all this time and getting so close to receiving your bike, it's now going in the wrong direction. I hope the problem gets sorted out quickly for you, and that your first ride on your new bike won't be in the snow!

I'll be interested to know what the problem was since my bike will be shipped to the UK and will go through a similar process to yours.

Yeah, but I've got more patient now, so I'll be fine. But this was very odd, I think. Luckily I'm away on vacation now, so I can keep my head out of it. ;-)

Back