Any RadRover contributors out there ?

Are any of you RR owners still getting the intermittent power cut off from the battery? Is there a resolution for this issue? Is the battery a genuine Samsung?

@Adrian I just mean in ordinary shops here in Norway. You'll have to build the bike yourself ith parts from abroad, like you. Personally I'm not there yet. And that's my point: You can't buy a finished bike like this here.

Oh, but you do. California ebike had no problem shipping it to me. ;)

But the Radover is probably as close as it gets to the best e-Fatbike you can buy for that kind of money - at least on paper it's so much better than the Sondors.

I guess with import duty and shipping you're getting it for 16,000kr. Hard to beat for that price.

Andrian, Phrodos,
If you don't mind, how much is the duty on a $1000 RR? If shipping is $558, that leaves $400 import duty, 40%, why so
high, is it because it is a Chinese product?
M

@vincent713 We have had a handful of owners report that there battery would not come on until removing and re-inserting the fuse. Out of this group there have been 3 packs that were not remedied by pulling the fuse, and for those customers we have a box full of replacement BMS boards which have in stock which have corrected all three packs so far. All our packs use genuine new stock Samsung 29E cells. Full disclosure we are still waiting to hear back from the BMS vendor on what could be causing the challenges on this select group of packs, but on the most recent batch of replacement BMS boards they sent us for repair inventory, it seems to clear up any problems with known non-working packs.

@samdavis We have a box of spoke wrenches here. Send us an email and we can get one in the post to you on Monday if you like. If anyone else is having spokes loosen after the first few rides, we highly advise getting the wheels professionally trued/tensioned or if you are qualified we are happy to send spoke wrenches out. On my daily commuter with 12 gauge sapim spokes I tighten about 1/4 turn all the way around every ~500 miles but we don't advise end users complete this task unless trained.

Andrian, Phrodos,
If you don't mind, how much is the duty on a $1000 RR? If shipping is $558, that leaves $400 import duty, 40%, why so
high, is it because it is a Chinese product?
M
Actually, customs duty and fees for luxury items usually works out around 30% for me here. I don't think it depends on country of origin but certain products have a reduced import tax - baby items for instance.

Last edited:
@Adrian I just mean in ordinary shops here in Norway. You'll have to build the bike yourself ith parts from abroad, like you. Personally I'm not there yet. And that's my point: You can't buy a finished bike like this here.
Ah, okay. Then yes, unless you are ready to build it can be expensive. A lot of people have emotion bikes around here and they are silly priced - the good ones are over 40,000kr and they aren't anywhere near as good as they should be for that price.

Good to know... forgot about the fenders... I'll probably go for the shorty fat bike fenders.. since it never rains here in CA...

Not much need, all our discussion had been going on here, and there are only about 300 owners give or take. No hostility that drove people away over this bike, so no need.

But you guys need to share more thoughts, inputs and experience about this bike and post more photos. I truly like this bike and the Sondors :)

Anyone do a full breakdown of the bike and have any maintenance recommendations?

For instance, i was thinking about trying to repack the bearings since I heard that new bikes usually are short of grease. Would be nice if someone else had done it and had some observations. Any other areas come short of lubrication that you folks have seen?

The only grease I add was to the bearings on the fork. It was adequately greased though, but figured I would wipe them down and go with some good park tool grease. I've never done things like bottom bracket or axle tear downs before so can't speak to those parts, and will leave the electrical alone of course (aside from removing the front light).

It had been very hot here and I have been doing more work than riding on mine otherwise I would have more pictures! I got a dedicated new aluminum front fork in matte black, and swapped the front handle bars out. As soon as that is all done I'll be taking it out more regularly, and pics will follow!

International warning: UPS (as with FedEx) has a big problem understanding that international addresses do not follow american standards (wow, UPS/FedEx, how did you get to do international business?) so my norwegian addresse just haulted the whole process. We don't have states, so that's a problem, apparantly! Will get a new tracking number tomorrow, Ty says. The bike has been sitting in an office at UPS for over a week.

International warning: UPS (as with FedEx) has a big problem understanding that international addresses do not follow american standards (wow, UPS/FedEx, how did you get to do international business?) so my norwegian addresse just haulted the whole process. We don't have states, so that's a problem, apparantly! Will get a new tracking number tomorrow, Ty says. The bike has been sitting in an office at UPS for over a week.
Can't say that my wife and I have ever experienced this in all the shipments we've had from the U.S. And we've had a lot over the years.

RadRover bike cover, around 50-. Best idea I could come up with.

Attachments

• WIN_20150721_070830.JPG
    WIN_20150721_070830.JPG
    733.2 KB · Views: 439
RadRover bike cover, around 50-. Best idea I could come up with.

Too funny! I got a Bike Parka (that is the brand name) - it is too short to cover end to end unfortunately, but I only wanted the front bars backwards covered anyway. I'm still fiddling with the front fork (need an install kit as I received the actual new fork I'll be using!), but have gone out for a few short rides and so far am really enjoying the bike!

One thing I'll say is pretty clear, this bike seems to like going around 14-15mph. I can take it up to 20 or more but feel like I'm burning too many watts to do so; riding around 14-15 the watt meter is around the 150-250 range, which should get some good distance out of the bike (maybe someone else can do the math?).

@pxpaulx

Not sure if you are pedaling. I have a basic spreadsheet I use that computes my watts, from pedaling, and then it computes the watts needed from the motor, for any speed. It also does the range.

I've never tried this, but this is a 'shareable' link to the sheet (just a copy). I think it is collaborative, so people could enter things at the same time and mess each other up. I doubt that will happen. This is for a hybrid type bike. Enter things in the yellow column.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jOIbm_fJsP74j5OXSI355v4nEbt_3vEs2Dx2ojpDjQA/edit?usp=sharing

Back