Any RadRover contributors out there ?

2nd batch countributor here. Very excited to see some early reviews.. I have had two ebikes before ordering this one. One was the alation 500. And an a2b metro. Loved the idea of a fat bike and was going to add a motor to my existing fat bike until I saw the radrover

Hi all, I'm in the first production run also. The team projects a late June delivery, is that when the container is delivered to the port? I live outside of Boston so I'm thinking I'll be a week to ten days after that. Think that sounds right? Impatiently waiting.

I asked in the indiegogo comments and Ty replied already with the following (awesomeness!):

Ty Collins
10 hours ago
@pxpaulx, June 26th is the scheduled date that the bike will arrive to the Batch 1 backer!

- Ty, RPB

Hi all. I'm a first round delivery as well (Black, fenders, Nori lights), and my office happens to be right next door to RadPower. Word is batch #1 may be arriving in port as early as June 17, but then there are customs and the like to get through. I'm looking forward to having the bike in a few weeks!

Hi all. I'm a first round delivery as well (Black, fenders, Nori lights), and my office happens to be right next door to RadPower. Word is batch #1 may be arriving in port as early as June 17, but then there are customs and the like to get through. I'm looking forward to having the bike in a few weeks!

Someone has the real inside scoop then! Have you had a chance to ride one of the prototypes then?

Someone has the real inside scoop then! Have you had a chance to ride one of the prototypes then?

Oh, sure. Many times. They are great bikes and great people. Mike really knows his stuff. This is definitely NOT vaporware if anyone was still worrying about that.

I've even ridden the new prototype for their next model, but I won't say anything else about that until they announce it.

Oh, sure. Many times. They are great bikes and great people. Mike really knows his stuff. This is definitely NOT vaporware if anyone was still worrying about that.

I've even ridden the new prototype for their next model, but I won't say anything else about that until they announce it.

Cool! I have no doubt Mike is on the ball, I read the posts about the radrover over on endless-sphere, he definitely knows what he is doing when it comes to electric transport in general!

I'm excited too... I'm a batch 1 backer and soon-to-be first time ebike owner. Looking forward to using it on my fairly hilly commutes that currently uses a car.

I've definitely appreciated the effort and information that these guys have provided for this ebike, it definitely helps someone like me who does a lot of research prior to big purchases.

I think my only concern is whether each and every bike is function tested prior to shipping. If not, especially for a batch 1 backer, there could be manufacturing/assembly issues that might not be caught until the bikes are in our hands, things that wouldn't be seen on their prototype test bike.

I'm confident Mike and the radrover team did their own research in choosing the components that comprise the bike. You have to remember that even though ebikes are a small market over here, the company likely makes and sells motors and bikes numbering in the tens if not hundreds of thousands in their Asian and European markets too!

I'm confident Mike and the radrover team did their own research in choosing the components that comprise the bike. You have to remember that even though ebikes are a small market over here, the company likely makes and sells motors and bikes numbering in the tens if not hundreds of thousands in their Asian and European markets too!

Yeah, i'm so much concerned with the component choices, just ensuring that there's consistency and quality control in the manufacturing process, something that would be caught during function testing after manufacturing.

For example, imagine that one of the factory workers is always forgetting to plug in the display. That batch of bikes then ships from China to the USA, where they are immediately boxed and shipped again. When it arrives on my doorstep, the display won't work. There's nothing wrong with the display... however this would be a simple example of a consistent manufacturing quality control issue that would be caught if every bike was function tested prior to shipping, and could be missed without it.

@Phrodos Ty confirmed they are on track to expect bikes to begin arriving to customers on the 26th. If you check out another of the radrover threads there is another member who works next door to their shop who also knows they are tentatively expecting the first wave of bikes to arrive in port about the 17th!

@pxpaulx Oops, deleted my post before I say you answered me here. Also hadn't seen that the discussion had expanded in to a second page with all the information. Anyways, thanks!

Hey Radlovers !!
Rad powerbikes mentioned that they would do an unboxing video with all the steps we need to follow prior to the first ride, any thought of when we should expect it ?

Hey Radlovers !!
Rad powerbikes mentioned that they would do an unboxing video with all the steps we need to follow prior to the first ride, any thought of when we should expect it ?

I think in one of the Radrover threads that isn't in this section, one of the new members that works next door to the Radpower bikes shop said they are expecting them on or about the 17th. They could theoretically do a walk-through unboxing with one of the prototypes as well.

I think in one of the Radrover threads that isn't in this section, one of the new members that works next door to the Radpower bikes shop said they are expecting them on or about the 17th. They could theoretically do a walk-through unboxing with one of the prototypes as well.
Link?

My mistake, it was in this thread hahaha - just check back about 8 or 10 posts!

I've got 2 coming, 2nd wave, it will be interesting to compare the 2 in performance.... and I can rotate the batteries. It would be
a bonus if there could be a way to keep track of charging cycles... besides doing it manually... Anyway, I'm looking forward to blazing the trails around Santa Cruz County, CA...

Question for 1st wavers... Have you been billed for shipping yet? I put my order in April 15th and still haven't been billed for
shipping. I'm guessing they are waiting to receive and inspect the bikes in Seattle beforehand... but that's just a guess... Maybe a better question for the RR team? If that is the case, then billing for shipping would indicate delivery within a week or 2... cool...

Question for 1st wavers... Have you been billed for shipping yet? I put my order in April 15th and still haven't been billed for
shipping. I'm guessing they are waiting to receive and inspect the bikes in Seattle beforehand... but that's just a guess... Maybe a better question for the RR team? If that is the case, then billing for shipping would indicate delivery within a week or 2... cool...

I'm a first waver, haven't seen anything regarding shipping. Since shipping costs will differ for each person, my guess is they are waiting for the bikes to show up and once they start processing the list of orders they'll charge you.

Back